If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Client 2.009 DTS audio issue

andre@prinsvanessen.nlandre@prinsvanessen.nl Posts: 11Members ✭✭

Installation:

-Samsung 4K Smart TV 2015
-Plex MediaServer on QNAP 253A (updated to latest version as well)
-Only DirectPlay
-TV connected via ARC to Pioneer AV Receiver via first class hdmi cables.

Never had issues, but with client 2.009 I get stuttering every now and then, only with DTS. I tried a movie with DD and DTS and no issues with DD.

Best Answer

• andre@prinsvanessen.nlandre@prinsvanessen.nl Posts: 11Members ✭✭
    edited January 1 Accepted Answer

@andefobe said:
    Thanks for fast reply, but its not a switching-bug. It auto-switches to DTS but the audiostream drops out every now and then when watching a movie. Did not do this before.

Not sure if it started after a smart hub update or a plex update.

I turned out to be an issue with the Samsung firmware. When you're on version 1510 you have to upgrade to version 1520.9. The version on the Samsung website is 1520.2 but that also doesn't fix it. I'm not sure if I can post the links to the firmware here.

Answers

• andefobeandefobe Posts: 4Members ✭✭

I have the exact same problem!
    Tried everything. Really annoying!
    Yamaha receiver. Worked perfectly before.

Is there some way to install an older plex version for samsung 2015 TV’s?

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,564Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited December 2017

There is a bug with audio switching in 2.009. Please check the audio menu on your TV to see if the output is set to DTS.
    Normally the app should take care of this for you, but as I mentioned, it has a bug. For now you may need to switch it manually. Will be fixed in the next release.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

Thanks for fast reply, but its not a switching-bug. It auto-switches to DTS but the audiostream drops out every now and then when watching a movie. Did not do this before.

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,564Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Does that happen with movies that worked before, or just with a new one?
    Could it be due to bad audio encoding? If so it will happen at the same part of the movie every time.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

• iotzaniotzan Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2017

I have the same issue. Went through all the trouble of resetting my TV (Samsung UE55H6410) & Receiver (Denon AVR-X3300W) and reconnecting them through HDMI-ARC util I thought of checking a DolbyDigital movie.
    It's only DTS that is failing which is unlucky, I suppose, since I have most of my films with a DTS soundrack.
    The receiver goes in to Stereo mode, no matter what I try to set it to.

Everything worked fine until a couple of days ago (when I decided to check on any Samsung TV app updates).

Samsung 55H6410 (2014)
    Samsung 43KU6402 (2016)

• anaglyptaanaglypta Posts: 64Members ✭✭
    edited December 2017

@iotzan

This post from Orca 3 posts above yours explains the issue!

John.

• iotzaniotzan Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I checked @anaglypta but there does not appear that I can do anything from the TV. Audio is sent via HDMI-ARC to the receiver which does the decoding. Maybe I didn't quite understand if I can actually change some option...
    On the other hand, is it possible to downgrade or manually load an older version on my model? Reading the forum this does not appear to be the case...

Samsung 55H6410 (2014)
    Samsung 43KU6402 (2016)

edited December 2017

@iotzan ,

On my J series TV I can select the sound format from Menu > Sound > Additional Settings > Audio Format > DTS. You can get to the sound menu from within the Plex app by pressing TOOLS on your remote and selecting SOUND.

Hope this helps

John.

I think we're talking about 2 different things here. My TV is sending DTS to my receiver fine and it's switching to DTS, but every now and then I get a clicking noice, like Plex is trying to sync video/audio. I already tried the TV setting to change the audio delay option, but whatever I try it doesn't help. Before 2.009 I didn't have this problem. When I play movies with DD audio I have no issues. I'm playing movies (right now my family is watching Harry Potter with DTS sound) that worked fine before version 2.009. Unfortunately on a 2015 version TV I cannot downgrade to 2.008.

@Orca said:
    Does that happen with movies that worked before, or just with a new one?
    Could it be due to bad audio encoding? If so it will happen at the same part of the movie every time.

I happens on movies that worked before.
    It happens randomly.

edited January 1 Accepted Answer

@andefobe said:

I turned out to be an issue with the Samsung firmware. When you're on version 1510 you have to upgrade to version 1520.9. The version on the Samsung website is 1520.2 but that also doesn't fix it. I'm not sure if I can post the links to the firmware here.

I’m on 1510
    Latest firmware i can find for my JU7100 is 1510.3 from october.
    Were did you find the 1520 version?

Ik found 1520.2 on the Samsung website. The 1520.9 can be downloaded from here (is a link I created for public sharing, source is from German Samsung Community):

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio/dts-neo-sound-drops-na-update-1510-4-al-drie-maanden-Deel2/m-p/367128#M7243

edited January 19

@andre@prinsvanessen.nl said:
    Ik found 1520.2 on the Samsung website. The 1520.9 can be downloaded from here (is a link I created for public sharing, source is from German Samsung Community):

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio/dts-neo-sound-drops-na-update-1510-4-al-drie-maanden-Deel2/m-p/367128#M7243

That worked. Thanks alot andre for the link to the firmware. Finally hickup free dts-sound again :)

• vallylsvallyls Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thank you man! Finally I have a smooth DTS sound again. Have been trying with Samsung in Romania but they were useless.

• PunkleJonesPunkleJones Posts: 67Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Would this also be for the JS? (Tv-Update dont find any newer FW then the 1520 already installed)
    I have noticed quite a lot of "audio-drops" from my tv->receiver (Like the ones you get when it changes "outputs" from dts-dd-etc..) lately. Cant say i have noticed them before.

edited January 27

@PunkleJones

JS9000 and JS9500 series uses HKPDEUC firmware, and andre@prinsvanessen.nl has not posted a link for that.

John.

• kopfpilotkopfpilot Posts: 434Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 27

My JS8090 series uses T-HKMDEUC.

According, the samygo forum, it should have been T-HKPDEUC.

... and the T-HKMDEUC update 1520.9 just finished successfully on my JS8090.

Problems with remote connection?

• Does the server have a static-ip and is using a wired connection?
    • Is port forwarding activated in your router and matches the port in PMS->Settings->Remote-Access->Manually enter Port
    • Does the external ip (in PMS) match the wan ip (in router) and is the external port accessible (see: www.canyouseeme.org)?
    • Does the plex.web access work using the url http://remote-ip:32400/web (or the port you specified in your router)?
    • Is Secure conection disabled for troubleshoot? If not:does the router support dns rebind protection and is *.plex.direct excluded?
    • Are any special network configurations involved (Jumbo Frames / IPv6/ VPN / SSH port forwarding / more than a single router or subnet)?
    • Are any Custom server access URLs added?
    • Brand and model of the router?

What did you try so far (be as specific as you can)?

edited January 27

@kopfpilot

JS8090 looks like a German model that is equivalent to the UK JS8000 nano crystal TV - these both use T-HKMDEUC firmware.

You can't install the wrong firmware version. If your TV uses T-HKPDEUC (in the UK JS9000, JS9500) your TV will not install T-HKMDEUC and visa versa.

You can confirm the firmware for your model at the bottom of this page, which shows T-HKMDEUC_1520.2 as the current version.

SammyGo forum don't know everything :D

John.

• kopfpilotkopfpilot Posts: 434Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 27

@anaglypta
    Actualy, the information about the required firmware was first hand provided by the buildin "contact support" function of the tv.

Usualy the x090 series are sold in the rest of europe as x000, where x is the same number between 7 an 9.
    Are you sure, you are refering to a UK JS6800? Ant Google helped me to find a JU6800, which does not look like my tv.
    I would be surprised if other JS models than the 8 and 9 series would exist anywhere in the world.

Though, the link you provided is exactly the tv set I have. And the provided download on the page is the 1520.2.

Like i said, i downloaded the T-HKMDEUC_1520.9 from the link above and installed it without any problems.

Problems with remote connection?

• Does the server have a static-ip and is using a wired connection?
    • Is port forwarding activated in your router and matches the port in PMS->Settings->Remote-Access->Manually enter Port
    • Does the external ip (in PMS) match the wan ip (in router) and is the external port accessible (see: www.canyouseeme.org)?
    • Does the plex.web access work using the url http://remote-ip:32400/web (or the port you specified in your router)?
    • Is Secure conection disabled for troubleshoot? If not:does the router support dns rebind protection and is *.plex.direct excluded?
    • Are any special network configurations involved (Jumbo Frames / IPv6/ VPN / SSH port forwarding / more than a single router or subnet)?
    • Are any Custom server access URLs added?
    • Brand and model of the router?

What did you try so far (be as specific as you can)?