If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Poor photo quality on Samsung QLED 2017 Q7F

Hello, I hope someone could help me...

I would like to use plex on my 4k UHD TV to view my photos: but the quality of the displayed photos is bad (looks like VGA)... Viewing UHD Movies with Plex is wokring well. How cloud I setup plex to display my photos in the original quality (no transcoding etc.)?

Answers

• ElBarto45ElBarto45 Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

As requested here is my log file and a photo (taken with my mobile).

Dear Plex-Support,

could you please give me an answer to my support question? I've paid for a plex pass and I'm getting no response on any support question.

Thanks.

• zorglub06@gmail.comzorglub06@gmail.com Posts: 2Members

Hello all,

I have exactly the same problem: when viewing pictures from Plex the resolution is very low and bad.
    I have tuned the Plex server (on my Synology DS215j) and Plex client on the Samsugn TV as such to have no conversion but still have the problem.
    Same problem occured also on the same Plex on my Samsung blue-ray HD reader.

Still no answer....

• zorglub06@gmail.comzorglub06@gmail.com Posts: 2Members

Yes no answer... I use direct access to shared directory of my NAS from the TV to view pictures in real 4k. Its OK but navigation and sorting is very limited.

• Concorde RulesConcorde Rules Posts: 3Members ✭✭
    edited January 7

Exactly the same problem here...!!!

Everything else works it seems, just photos are rubbish quality (I've pre-rendered them to 4K/75%) which when viewed via a USB stick are perfect and terrible via Plex.

Edit: Just used Emby to test - full quality pics!