If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Rasplex H265

BanefyBanefy Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

i've got a little problem with my rasplex.
I download tv shows in H265, 3 days ago that works perfectly ...
But now the picture LAG ... i don't know what to do ...
please if you have some ideas ?

ps: RPI 2B

Answers

• videotecaCNSUvideotecaCNSU Posts: 321Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Rasplex doesnt support hardware decoding for x265
    From what I can understand it can run it fine by using the cpu up to 720p on the pi3

consider recoding your videos to x264

• BanefyBanefy Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2017

But it was work 3 days ago since 6-8 months ... i don't understand what change ...

Edit: and the x265 videos works fine when i read it via PMP on windows or my android APP ...

• videotecaCNSUvideotecaCNSU Posts: 321Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The problem is on the raspberry pi
    it doesn't support the codec and doesn't have en necessary power for full software 265 streamming
    you could use the optimization tools on plex to make a copy for rasplex or you could probably tell the server to transcode on the fly

The reason why it worked for some time could be heat or power related. Yes it can work if it runs from software on a small test, but once the rpi gets hot it will throttle the cpu in the middle of the show/movie and the performance will plummet

• BanefyBanefy Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thank you ! I think my power cable of my rpi is the problem ...
    I've order an other :smile:

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 27,503Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

I doubt that with "power" he meant the electrical power.
    More likely the speed of the Pi's processors is what's meant. And you can't change that.

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • nicknack35nicknack35 Posts: 90Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I think you might want to change device if your wanting to play 4K to something like the Vero 4k. Im not a big fan of 4k myself even though i have 2 4k TV's the difference from 1080 to 4K is not big enough