If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Remote Access not available outside your network

captjohn96captjohn96 Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

When I look at the Remote Access it indicates "not available outside your network." When I click on Retry it will turn green then go back to red. Even though it indicates not available outside your network the remote access does work. Why does the message indicate no access when it does? I have PMS ver 1.10.1.4602 installed on CentOS.

Comments

• ChuckPAChuckPA Posts: 22,245Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

It is a long standing timing bug in the Plex/Web UI. They have not been able to fix it. The code is correct, PMS knows all is good, but still it does not work right. Someday when someone is tired of seeing it, all the code will be rewritten. That is the only way at this point.

Please DISABLE Verbose logging until requested

Please search before posting

Primary support: Linux, Synology, and QNAP

Please remember to report back. This benefits others.

Useful links

Installation and Basic Setup |  Media Preparation (How to name your media files)  |  Linux Permissions 

Handling TV Specials | Handling Movie extras  |  Nas Compatibility

Reporting Plex Server issues | Plex Media Server FAQ | Linux Tips

Other useful guides: Local Subtitles | The Plex "dance" | Synology FAQ | PMS Release Announcements

Hosts: Fedora, QNAP, Synology, most Linux distros in VM

No technical support via PM unless offered

Please remember to mark the appropriate answer(s) which solved your issue.

• Mike and JenMike and Jen Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@captjohn96 said:
    When I look at the Remote Access it indicates "not available outside your network." When I click on Retry it will turn green then go back to red. Even though it indicates not available outside your network the remote access does work. Why does the message indicate no access when it does? I have PMS ver 1.10.1.4602 installed on CentOS.

Same problem here, however, I'm running PMS 1.10.1.4602 on Windows 7. Never had the issue before, same equipment, same ISP. I'm a Cisco CCNA and I'm 100% sure my Port forwarding ACL's are correct. Please help Plex, I'm truly stumped. When I hit "retry" (after manually entering 32400), things go green for a few seconds and then go red moments later.

If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!

• MelFlixMelFlix Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2017

Same Problem after updating the iOS App to 4.22 [iPad Pro (12.9-inch) 2. Gen].

On both iPad Pro (9.7-inch) and iPhone running 4.21 i have NO PROBLEM remote accessing (via mobile network)!

Please help dear support-team!
    Again: The iOS update to 4.22 destroyed remote access for me! 4.21 on other devices, remote access still work!

• ChuckPAChuckPA Posts: 22,245Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

@Melvin B. said:
    Same Problem after updating the iOS App to 4.22 [iPad Pro (12.9-inch) 2. Gen].

On both iPad Pro (9.7-inch) and iPhone running 4.21 i have NO PROBLEM remote accessing (via mobile network)!

Please help dear support-team!
    Again: The iOS update to 4.22 destroyed remote access for me! 4.21 on other devices, remote access still work!

If your issue surfaced only after the iOS update, might I suggest you ask in the iOS forum?

Please DISABLE Verbose logging until requested

Please search before posting

Primary support: Linux, Synology, and QNAP

Please remember to report back. This benefits others.

Useful links

Installation and Basic Setup |  Media Preparation (How to name your media files)  |  Linux Permissions 

Handling TV Specials | Handling Movie extras  |  Nas Compatibility

Reporting Plex Server issues | Plex Media Server FAQ | Linux Tips

Other useful guides: Local Subtitles | The Plex "dance" | Synology FAQ | PMS Release Announcements

Hosts: Fedora, QNAP, Synology, most Linux distros in VM

No technical support via PM unless offered

Please remember to mark the appropriate answer(s) which solved your issue.

• Bryan KnightBryan Knight Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem here on Windows 10. It's so stupid, I can still access Plex outside of my network just fine. However within the network, my Alexa thinks remote access is unavailable because the server reports this error. It's very frustrating!