If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

"Unable to load photo" Plex Cloud, Google Drive

animecypheranimecypher Posts: 49Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I uploaded some photos to a folder in my google drive. I then created a photo library in plex cloud and pointed it to the folder on my google drive and clicked "Scan Library Files" to load them into plex. After it completes it shows the pictures like they could show in the thumbnails but they are all black. When i click a photo it selects it but says "Unable to load photo".

All the photos look good on the google drive and display correctly but I just cant seem to get them to display in plex. I have tried looking at them using the PMS on the PC as well as with the app on my iPhone. A movie that I already have on there works fine.

Anyone know what might be going on?

Comments

• spsegaylord2@gmail.comspsegaylord2@gmail.com Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ive been pulling my hair out with the same thing. When I first installed Plex and connected it to Google Drive it all worked great. Then something happened, I have no idea what. Ive even uninstalled and reinstalled Plex to no avail.

What is odd is for kicks I added a few pics to DropBox and connected it to Plex. Walla! it worked like a charm. So my next thought was to unlink Google Drive from Plex Cloud and relink. Nope, didnt help. This is really annoying. No errors in the logs either.

• animecypheranimecypher Posts: 49Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I tried downloading the time and it let me. The picture looks fine. Not sure why I can't view the pictures in the PMS or the app on my phone.

• vangroovervangroover Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am having the same issue with Plex Cloud and Google Drive. All of the photos are imported but when there is no thumbnail image and when I select the picture, it is unable to load.

Any advice is welcome.

• clinton.paquinclinton.paquin Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Bump, same issue here

• Toph Bei FongToph Bei Fong Posts: 111Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

same issue but I have the photos stored on my PC locally and I only have this problem when trying to access them through PMS on my PC. On other devices it's fine.