If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PS4 suddenly doesn't direct play DTS 5.1 (DCA) anymore

WeihnachtswurstWeihnachtswurst Posts: 2Members

My PS4 stopped directly playing mkv's with DTS. The server now tries to transcode DCA to AAC (which doesn't work, because my QNAP simply isn't powerful enough).

Direct DTS playback worked for over a year on PS4. Why is this broken now?

Best Answer

Answers

• WeihnachtswurstWeihnachtswurst Posts: 2Members

Interesting. Because mkv's with x264 and DTS always played best on the PS4, I assumed that the server never had to transcode anything.

But still the question remains why I can't play my most of my library anymore. Will go deeper into this problem tomorrow. Maybe it isn't directly PLEX-related at all.

• aizensamaaizensama Posts: 1Members

It's the PS4 app specifically. I know exactly what you're talking about, I get no audio from DTS AC3, AAC works fine. The same files play just fine on the Android app and Chromecast. I've tried disabling direct play and direct stream in the PS4 app as well.