If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Alter the name showing up after scanning

unlightunlight Posts: 42Members ✭✭

Hi,
didn´t know how to describe the issue better in the topic...

i´d like to scan some enigma2 files for plex; did that a while with the enigma2 scanner, but i don´t really want to grab data from a movie database as its ineffective and takes a lot of time. So i decided to alter the scanner to pass the original name:
20140528 2335 - WDR HD Duisburg - Der Fahnder (57)
as
Der Fahnder (57) - 28/05/2014 23:35 - WDR HD Duisburg
wich works well but:

if I choose the Plex Movie Agent it takes endlesssly to finish with high load on the Enigma box and the filenames stay the way i want them to
if I choose Personal Media Agent it finishes really quick but renames all files to their original names.

Is there any way to maybe alter an agent to not search for movie data and just keep the name that is passed by the scanner?

THX in advance
this is really driving me nuts

Unlight

Answers

• ZeroQIZeroQI Posts: 1,225Members ✭✭✭

The title need to be provided by the scanner first
    for tv series agent, if you don't update the series title within the agent it updates nothing. I recon it is the same for movies, therefore, you need an agent that doesn't match the movie as if you match the movie, you need to modify the title to save the info so the other fields provided by the agent are saved.

Absolute Series Scanner (ASS): Seasons+Absolute mode series scanner managing subdirectories and AniDB type specials,with a logging off all files (skipped on top of root folder, then sorted one line per file with regex used and info, all series sorted alphabetically) and one with the filelist to reproduce the library on my end with dummy files. It also add all files and recognise specials pretty accurately.

http AniDB Metadata Agent (HAMA): Some good info there, will have to re-write it at some point... Data folders are kinda mandatory... Huge libraries can fetch 10gb in space. If you have no poster but other metadata is showing, create "Plug-in Support/Data/com.plexapp.agents.hama/DataItems" agent folders as indicated in the readme on GitHub

Impressed by the agent recognition rate? Consider donating few euros through Paypal: Absolute Series Scanner + HTTP AniDB Metadata Agent. (Donators: xnaas, Sven-7, Niegen, Vorador, Fratal, T. Mayville,  A. Estremera, KJKingJ. Thanks guys)

• unlightunlight Posts: 42Members ✭✭

The title is provided by the custom scanner, i just don´t want the agent to do anything, just pass the title without searching for anything. thought i could change one of the plex agents, but as im not a coder i didnt even find the place to look for the agents or code to edit!

• ZeroQIZeroQI Posts: 1,225Members ✭✭✭

Did you try looking at my signature to start? Pretty sure there is a link to my agent
    You have an empty agent here:
    https://github.com/ZeroQI/Hama.bundle/releases/download/v1.0/Empty_Agent_template.bundle.7z

Absolute Series Scanner (ASS): Seasons+Absolute mode series scanner managing subdirectories and AniDB type specials,with a logging off all files (skipped on top of root folder, then sorted one line per file with regex used and info, all series sorted alphabetically) and one with the filelist to reproduce the library on my end with dummy files. It also add all files and recognise specials pretty accurately.

http AniDB Metadata Agent (HAMA): Some good info there, will have to re-write it at some point... Data folders are kinda mandatory... Huge libraries can fetch 10gb in space. If you have no poster but other metadata is showing, create "Plug-in Support/Data/com.plexapp.agents.hama/DataItems" agent folders as indicated in the readme on GitHub

Impressed by the agent recognition rate? Consider donating few euros through Paypal: Absolute Series Scanner + HTTP AniDB Metadata Agent. (Donators: xnaas, Sven-7, Niegen, Vorador, Fratal, T. Mayville,  A. Estremera, KJKingJ. Thanks guys)

• unlightunlight Posts: 42Members ✭✭

Sorry, did that today. I found another agent for vdr files wich is pretty much what i need. I´ll see if I can manage to build something for my needs with your template file.

Thanks!