If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Photos "Grid View" now shows all folders

interconnectinterconnect Posts: 210Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited December 2017 in iOS

Grid View in my Photos library used to show only my top-level folders, where you'd drill down through sub-folders and then to files to get to the photo you were looking for. Now, it apparently shows all folders in the library and then all photos after that (I think). Is this a bug or a planned change? This seems like a really weird and unintuitive way to browse your photos. If so, then it'd be nice to see a "Folder View" like the Movies library has so you can navigate by your filesystem structure.

Comments

• pbassekpbassek Posts: 3Members

Agreed, since the last update I’m seeing the same issue. All my folders are gone on the browse tab. Photos are showing but just in a random order... Unless you know a folder name and use search it’s impossible to find what you’re looking for...

• hubris_hubris_ Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Getting this same issue, my photos library is now a mess. It’s fairly unintuitive to use

• dekaritae@gmail.comdekaritae@gmail.com Posts: 5Members ✭✭
    edited December 2017

I'm hoping this is an overlooked bug, I can't see why this would be a UI change decision.

• amcfarlaamcfarla Posts: 67Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Having the same issue on all my iOS devices today, but not on my Nvidia Shield TV.

• cjmitch1975cjmitch1975 Posts: 9Members ✭✭

I am seeing the same issue on iOS devices, but not on Android. Please fix asap

• cjmitch1975cjmitch1975 Posts: 9Members ✭✭

Correction. Latest update removes folder view in android too. It just sees all the folders in random order. I have many levels of folders of pictures. Please get this fixed. Makes plex almost unusable to me.

• ted.hallbergted.hallberg Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Seems to have been a server side issue. It's solved after the Plex Media Server 1.11.0.4633 release (Plex Pass only). At least it solved for my Android client.

• audreyandjonaudreyandjon Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am having this problem when going through plex.tv, but not when connecting locally. I was on the public release channel, moving to beta , 1.11.0.4633 also fixed it for me.

• electelectelectelect Posts: 12Members ✭✭

Having the same issue (ios).
    My photos are a mess and there is no way for me to find anything. Fix ASAP

• interconnectinterconnect Posts: 210Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Fixed for me in the latest PMS Plex Pass release!

edited December 2017

Updating to 1.11.0.4633 (Plex Pass) fixed this for me.

• maxtownmaxtown Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Having the same problem with photo library... plz fix it

So... Only plex pass customers will get this fixed?? Or its coming to free users soon?

• Sebi97Sebi97 Posts: 1Members

@electelect said:
    So... Only plex pass customers will get this fixed?? Or its coming to free users soon?

It's pretty upsetting. It made a mess of my libraries

edited February 5

When are PMS 1.11 released to non plex pass users? I am getting tired of this, not able to show my pictures to friends and family.

Seems like plex has a delayed rollout for plex pass then regular pms. If so they really dropped the ball not patching this. For now if you have a plex pass upgrading to latest fixes this issue. If you don't, seems like you need to downgrade your pms and wait for a patch or their cycle to complete

• ScoBoXScoBoX Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I updated to 1.11.0.4633 and it resolved the issue. However, not at first. After upgrading I checked my IOS app and it still showed all folders in a giant list. After tapping around I found that Sort by Name was selected under Sort options. I cleared that and lo and behold the right folders appeared. You may want to check to see if you have the folders in grid view sorted by name and clear that.

• UirioUirio Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It seems that it has been fixed when using iOS for browsing photos on the server but NOT when browsing locally synced photos on the iOS device: are somebody experiencing this ? (folders in grid view are not sorted in any way)