If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Poor video quality on apple TV

I originally had a server on my macbook and had no issues streaming to my apple TV. However, I recently set up a server on my Windows 10 PC and now whenever I play a video on my apple TV using the Plex app, the video quality is really poor. When I first go into the settings for the video, it is automatically set to the lowest possible quality. I changed the settings on the video I was trying to play to "original quality" but saw no difference. I then tried changing the settings in the app (as opposed to changing the settings on the particular video) and set both "home streaming" and "internet streaming" to "maximum". When I exit out of settings and re-open the settings page, it automatically reverts to the lowest quality setting. I have the "auto adjust quality" set to "off" and it will still automatically default to the lowest quality. I'm not sure where to go from here. Any help?

• partizan76partizan76 Posts: 167Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ok, first of all - describe your network? Router model, connection speed. Then we talk about content...

• Having the same issue over remote connection

• I change the quality settings to Max for both, and if I navigate off of the settings and back, the quality is set to 320. The changes I make won't stick.