Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Track Info Not Updating When Using Bluetooth

bbyepubbbyepub Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I recently upgraded my phone to the Pixel 2 XL and have this connected in my car via Bluetooth (Sony SYNC). When using the Plex player app on the phone, the track info does not update when the track changes - or ever actually. When I play using the Amazon Music app, playing the same tracks, the track info updates fine. I am hoping this can be addressed, as I would rather use the Plex player, however, not being able to see the track info is a bit of a deal breaker, and I have already started moving my music to Amazon.

Comments

• leedrakeleedrake Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

Same issue here, same phone different Bluetooth device but same problem

• VadimSlynkoVadimSlynko Members, Plex Pass Posts: 8 Plex Pass

Same thing here. Nexus 5x and car bluetooth. In the beginning 2017 it still has being working fine. Now track info is not updated from plex - always the first song is displayed. The plex track is only updated once when plex playback starts after some other music source was playing, like podcast from other app.

The problem has started when Android Auto support was introduced.

Is anyone doing anything about it?
    It seems that updating info works when I manually jump to new item in the playlist, including just starting the playback. But when a new item is automatically switched to, the info is not updated.

• f0lken86f0lken86 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass

Would love to see a fix for this. Plex music ticks all the boxes for me but I exclusively listen over Bluetooth so the meta info and control issues are making it difficult to stick with it. The track name and image stick to whatever was played first unless I hit skip on my phone. Hitting play/pause/skip on my car functions inconsistently. Have the same issues on my current Tesla Model 3 and my previous cars Parrot MKi9200. Playback works without issue on Microsoft Groove and Google Play Music. My phone is a Pixel 2.