If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Android TV 7.1.2 and Plex player sound problem

Hi,
I'm using Plex server on a Synolody DS415 (ver 1.10.1.4602) and an Android Plex client on a BeeLink GT1 Ultimate under Android TV 7.1.2.
Actually have no sound !
When I try to activate Passthrough, only stereo movies works fine. When I try Passthrough and 5.1 movie, Plex says the connection to the server was lost.

Before the update, I was using Android TV 6.0 on my Beelink GT1 and all work fine!

Is there a solution to have sound with Android TV 7.1.2 ?
Thx

Answers

• ulysserevientulysserevient Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Another information, when using plex for Kodi on my android TV, sound work fine !
    Why didn't with Plex client !

• xinudxinud Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just got a Beelink GT1 myself and have the exact same problem. Been using Plex clients for years, iOS, Apple TV, Samsung, etc and never seen this problem.

When I play same video files with Kodi, sound works perfectly fine.

With Plex (6.11.2.3107 build) it doesn't work - UNLESS I switch the video quality a very low setting then it works fine.

Other than that it doesn't work.

Any help available for this?

David

• rurediruredi Posts: 2Members

I don't understand why Plex Staff doesn't help us with this... This is a software bug for sure. :(

• Alexis67Alexis67 Posts: 3Members

I too have a Beelink GT1 (with custom rom android tv) with this problem of sound in ac3 ... If at least plex allowed us to force transcoding for this kind of China Android box

sorry for my bad english

• LacixHULacixHU Posts: 3Members

I have no sound (AC3, DTS) using Plex on an Alfawise H96Pro plus tv box.
    It is using Amlogic S912 chipset. I heard Plex has problems with Amlogic chips.

Workaround: On normal Android if I choose to use the external Android meda player the AC3,DTS audio works. (no audio passthrough)

On Android TV OS unfortunately there is no such option.
    If the fix is not possible in the near future could we get at least that option in Android TV version too?

• phillilphillil Posts: 37Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem here

(Android 7.1.2, Plex player 6.11.3.3147, H96 Pro+ Android China box)

No sound through the Plex app, but Plex-for-KODI works fine?

• LacixHULacixHU Posts: 3Members

@phillil said:
    Same problem here

(Android 7.1.2, Plex player 6.11.3.3147, H96 Pro+ Android China box)

No sound through the Plex app, but Plex-for-KODI works fine?

Plex -for-KODI works, but there are some annoying bug.
    The audio/subtitle changing dialog if I used once will be empty if I try to open it again.
    +no audio information is shown after this in the movie main page. I think I have to play some video in Kodi to fix this issue.
    (tried with latest KODI 17 + plex addon 0.1.3 amd KODI 18 alpha + plex addon 0.1.4)

So it's not ideal and I like the fact that Plex app can show suggestions beside youtube videos on the Android TV home page.

• Alexis67Alexis67 Posts: 3Members

OK kodi is a temporary solution, but is not The solution... Plex should do something!
    Why the TV application is so poor in option compared to the smartphone application... There are also options that disappears over the versions ... I find it a shame.
    I was interessing to the Plexpass but not with these bug fixed!

• phillilphillil Posts: 37Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I already have a Plex pass and I cannot use my 3 Android TV boxes with the app because I have no sound....

• LeshikLeshik Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,
    My problem: "No sound" (bad chanel mix) for aac 5.1 on android box (Zidoo)
    My solution: change audioCodec to mp3 in TranscodeTargets section in file plex_home/Resources/Profiles/Android.xml

This is solution not excellent, if you have many different android devices.
    Change setting "internet streaming" to "2M 720p" helps too.