If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

plexconnect op raspberry pi?

emennesemennes Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi all,

Today I'm running Plex Server v0. on my ReadyNas Ultra 2 (Raidiator 4.2.31), and Infuse on my jailbreaked apple TV 2nd generation.
But I'm missing out on the IOS 7.x featured and Airplay mirroring so I would like to update the Apple TV.

Would I be able to install and run PlexConnect solo on Raspberry Pi? Most likely following the linux installation guide? Has anyone tried this? I noticed someone have done this, but he still has his mac to support the setup? can it run stand alone on the rasberry Pi with any other windows or mac host?

So the future setup would be:
Plex server as I have today (not able to change that)
Apple TV 2nd gen ios 7.x
Raspberry Pi with PlexConnect to secure interface from Apple T to PlexServer

• moody_bluemoody_blue Posts: 3,210Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Yes, it is possible to install PlexConnect in a RasPI, provided that you install Python 2.7.8.

You can also install PlexConnect in a jailbroken ATV2, I think that the instructions are here but probably it's less stable than installing PlexConnect on a separate device.

QNAP TS-253A 4G QTS + PMS + QPython2 + PlexConnect 0.6

TV Sony KDL-32V2500 (720p) + aTV3 Rev. A firmware 7.2.2 + Denon AVR-1604 A/V Receiver 5.1 + Harmony Touch

Portables 1x iPad4, 2x Android phone, 1x Android tablet, 2x PMP on Win10

No support via PM unless requested by me