If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Receive shaka4011 (Manifest) error when playing media via Firefox/Chromium on Fedora 27

Rain-ManRain-Man Posts: 23Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am unable to play any type of media on a Linux machine running Fedora 27. I receive a shaka4011 (Manifest) error.

Fedora: 27
Plex Media Server: 1.10.1.4602
Firefox: 57.0.1
-or-
Chromium 62.0.3202.89

Can someone help me resolve this?
Thanks
Ray

Best Answer

Answers

• Rain-ManRain-Man Posts: 23Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can anyone help here?

• surfingauguinsurfingauguin Posts: 1Members

I'm having the same issue, I just installed Fedora 27. Plex Media Server 1.9.6.4420, and Chromium Version 62.0.3202.89 and Firefox 57.0.1 both generated this playback error.

:|

Any help here? Would like to know how to resolve this...

• beninatorbeninator Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

SOLVED: In Chromium settings, I was offered the chance to update the Codec and Digital Rights. I clicked on both, restarted, and the error is gone. I suspect that a recent Chromium update did not automatically update those and Plex Player needed them. Good luck!

@beninator I'm not sure where you see the ability to update Chromium, but I don't see it. Regardless, I want to be able to use Firefox. I'm frustrated that no one from Plex has offered any guidance into what this error means and how to resolve it.

• junadlaojunadlao Posts: 15Members ✭✭

As with the OP, I also get shaka4011 (Manifest) error when playing videos in latest version of Plex (as of 1/24/18) in Fedora 27. The difference for me, though, is that I only get the error on Chromium with the PPAPI flash. It strangely works in Chrome (PPAPI) and Firefox (NPAPI), though. Another difference for me with the OP's post is I only get it when playing videos (The OP said that he gets it playing any media). Music works on all browsers.

None of the above comments/suggestions worked.

Thanks @cplessinger, this worked for me as well. Would have been nice if the error was"missing codec" instead of shaka4011.

• HydeFromT70sHydeFromT70s Posts: 1Members

Had the same issue on Ubuntu distro. There's no need to install VLC. All I had to do was to install missing codecs.

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras

• dzytarasdzytaras Posts: 2Members

Here is what you have to do in Fedora 27 to watch Plex in Mozilla:

Enable the repo, it ships disabled with metadata enabled

$ sudo dnf config-manager --set-enabled fedora-cisco-openh264

then install the mozilla integration and the gstreamer plugin

$ sudo dnf install mozilla-openh264 gstreamer1-plugin-openh264