If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How do I add bundles to the Plug-ins folder

dsorear@gmail.comdsorear@gmail.com Posts: 2Members

I followed the directions in the Plug-ins Tutorial post. Even though I use sudo ... I can not write to the directory.
As seen in another post, I called Seagate and they said there is no password for root. Seems strange that they say they support Plex, but won't let you add bundles. I'm trying to add the HDHomeRun Viewer Bundle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Best Answer

Answers

• dsorear@gmail.comdsorear@gmail.com Posts: 2Members

I finally got it. I logged in via ssh as the initial user, then used command line sudo -i and then chmod to change the permissions to the plugins folder. Thanks for your advise.

• MaestroJALMaestroJAL Posts: 224Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@dsorear@gmail.com - Glad it worked out. Interesting that you had to change permissions as I didn't have to. This may help some others who may be struggling too.

Main Server: 2009 Mac Pro - 8 Cores @ 2.93 GHz, 32 GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.13

Secondary Server: Seagate Personal Cloud

Clients: iOS, PlexWeb, & Roku