If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Vewd App for Plex is not working

Answers

• SE56SE56 Posts: 2,186Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

"Not Available" is still present after a fresh install and signing in. Locked on that screen.

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV WebOS 1.4, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

@mattseeley said:
    That Not Available message is strongly a Vewd problem. If you all are still seeing this I'll reach out to them for information. They had some configuration problems late last year which affected our app.

If you can start the Plex app, see the giant PLEX logo, then the app goes poorly please let me know. Our 3.13.9 release today make a couple changes which would benefit some Hisense devices connecting to secure media servers.

Matt still seeing this even after another install and login, sorry to say.

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV WebOS 1.4, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

• ICONCIKICONCIK Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Everything is working again for me. Thank you. I hope that it all gets sorted out soon for those of you who may still be having issues.

• mattseeleymattseeley HawaiiPosts: 1,479Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    edited January 26

Hi folks. With the startup bug out of the way I'll reach out to Hisense/Vewd. This will take longer to solve, timezones and such.

Can you all help with with context regarding when the Not Available error started? I'm a little confused if it been lingering for too long or if it's a fresh problem.

@epicturkey85 I'll be handling the trouble you mentioned here and here in this thread..

(Please no private messages for support unless requested, please)

edited January 27

@mattseeley said:
    Hi folks. With the startup bug out of the way I'll reach out to Hisense/Vewd. This will take longer to solve, timezones and such.

Can you all help with with context regarding when the Not Available error started? I'm a little confused if it been lingering for too long or if it's a fresh problem.

@epicturkey85 I'll be handling the trouble you mentioned here and here in this thread..

Matt, for me it was in Mid December 2017. I noticed a few others having the same issue at that time. My location is Australia.

• epicturkey85epicturkey85 Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@mattseeley said:

I wish I could give you a timeline. The Plex app on my TV has been removed and re-added to the Opera TV store so many times, I've lost track. It's never been fully functional on my HiSense 50CU60000. I've been using a Roku just for Plex and Hulu for several months, but recently moved the Roku to another device and I'm back to hoping I can get Plex on the Smart TV.

Accepted Answer

@mattseeley said:

I have resolved this issue. Firstly, you have probably noticed that Factory Default reset is greyed out in Hisense all settings /advanced.

Well you have to manually enable.

Turn TV on.
    Press input source button on remote
    Press: 2,5,8,0
    ok
    Go to all settings/advanced/Factory reset~ Yes~Ok

You will now be able to Login to the PLEX app without a "NOT AVAILABLE"

I found that You will or may have too alter your audio and video settings in the TV app. I found Mkv files would play "direct Play" but were hesitant / slow and the function keys would not respond. Turn off direct play resolved that issue. I will look deeper into that issue but now all is working. "Not available" is a TV system alert apparently, nothing to do with PLEX.

• acplexityacplexity Posts: 5Members ✭✭

@SE56 said:

@mattseeley said:

I have resolved this issue. Firstly, you have probably noticed that Factory Default reset is greyed out in Hisense all settings /advanced.

Turn TV on.
    ok

I found that You will or may have too alter your audio and video settings in the TV app. I found Mkv files would play "direct Play" but were hesitant / slow and the function keys would not respond. Turn off direct play resolved that issue. I will look deeper into that issue but now all is working. "Not available" is a TV system alert apparently, nothing to do with PLEX.

Thanks @SE56 - this worked for me.
    I didn't have to do the 2,5,8,0 sequence to do the factory reset though. It was available by default.
    However, after resetting and setting up Plex (which now works fine), my factory reset is now greyed out. Not sure why, but at least I'll know next time a reset is needed to use the 2,5,8,0 sequence.

edited January 29

@SE56 said:

@mattseeley said:

Turn TV on.
    ok

Did not work for me. Factory reset was greyed out, I entered input menu and pressed 2,5,8,0, did a factory reset from settings->About, re-added Plex from VEWD store, re-linked my device, "Not Available" error.

For the record, @mattseeley I've noticed the "Not Available" error in some other apps and urls that do not comply with HTML5 standards (or some VEWD Subset of HTML5). For instance, if you try to load hulu.com from the developer tools (url loader). It seems to be a VEWD/HiSense error triggered by the content or metadata in a page.

edited January 29

@epicturkey85 said:

@SE56 said:

@mattseeley said:

Turn TV on.
    ok

Did not work for me. Factory reset was greyed out, I entered input menu and pressed 2,5,8,0, did a factory reset from settings->About, re-added Plex from VEWD store, re-linked my device, "Not Available" error.

For the record, @mattseeley I've noticed the "Not Available" error in some other apps and urls that do not comply with HTML5 standards (or some VEWD Subset of HTML5). For instance, if you try to load hulu.com from the developer tools (url loader). It seems to be a VEWD/HiSense error triggered by the content or metadata in a page.

You do not have to re install app, enter from app tile existing, when login it will update. AS in PMS devices shown below.

edited January 29

@SE56 Plex is not preinstalled on my HiSense Smart TV. After factory reset, it must be opened from the VEWD store, or added to favorites from the VEWD store, and then opened from favorites.

edited February 7

@epicturkey85 said:
    @SE56 Plex is not preinstalled on my HiSense Smart TV. After factory reset, it must be opened from the VEWD store, or added to favorites from the VEWD store, and then opened from favorites.

I downloaded Vewd app prior to Reset, so your saying after a factory reset it doesn't appear, you need to download again.

This is then another issue, different to mine.

Manufacturer: Hisense
    Model: 50K3300UW

My problem was resolved after a reset.

@SE56 said:

@epicturkey85 said:

I downloaded Vewd app prior to Reset, so your saying after a factory reset it doesn't appear, you need to download again.

This is then another issue

No, it is not. HiSense TV model 50CU60000 does not come with PLEX pre-installed.

• wordupmagwordupmag Posts: 1Members

Yep Plex stop working after I updated my Hisense 55inch 4k tv software. This is definitely caused by the vewd store and needs to be fixed.

• RaymondsAZRaymondsAZ Posts: 42Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same issue here.

• caj411caj411 Posts: 4Members ✭✭

I just brought home a brand new Hisense 55H6D from Walmart and I am getting the same Vewd app not available error. The only thing it offers is to remove the app, which that doesn't even work as it is greyed out. I updated the firmware before I tried the Plex app, so I don't know if the firmware update had anything to do with it.

• caj411caj411 Posts: 4Members ✭✭

I was able to reset the TV to factory defaults, but after re-installing the Plex app, I still get the same message, "oops, something went wrong, Plex is currently unavailable in Vewd App Store". Other apps such as Amazon, Youtube, etc. work just fine.

@mattseeley said:
    Hi folks. That Not Available error seems to be sticking around. Vewd has suggested the following actions:

1. We need to now which country the device is located in and the precise manufacturer and model number of the device.
    2. Please email this information to tvstore-content@vewd.com directly. You may also leave the information here as they are aware of this thread.

Thanks for your help sorting this out. Fingers crossed.

Thanks, Matt!

I sent them an email with the following information:

"Not Available" Plex App Error
    Tv Make: HiSense LED LCD Smart TV
    Tv Model: 50CU60000

• plemans25plemans25 Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@mattseeley said:
    Hi folks. That Not Available error seems to be sticking around. Vewd has suggested the following actions:

1. We need to now which country the device is located in and the precise manufacturer and model number of the device.
    2. Please email this information to tvstore-content@vewd.com directly. You may also leave the information here as they are aware of this thread.

Thanks for your help sorting this out. Fingers crossed.

TV make: Hisense
    Model: 43H7C