If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

"send to DLNA renderer" feature?

Khan_81Khan_81 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I remember this handy feature in popcorn time app that let you send your stream to another device or video player. Yes, I know Chromecast fills that void but until HDMI-CEC is fully supported I find the lack of seeking back/forward pretty annoying so sending the streams to my TV´s DLNA renderer would be great.

Alternatively, I tought about workarounds involving Android apps like BubbleUpnp or Localcast as external Plex players and linked to the desired device but my TV doesn´t seem to recognize the stream or maybe its format is dodgy.

I know the ability to stream from Plex android app to DLNA renderer is on the TO-DO list from long ago so maybe I´m a bit hopeless and looking for solutions before considering purchasing a Plex client like the RPi.

Thanks