If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex for Kodi 18

frafallfrafall Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is there any plans to upgrade Plex for Kodi for the coming Kodi 18?
The addon hangs on "..." running on Milhouse Libreelec/Kodi 18 release.

Tagged:

Answers

• anothernameanothername Posts: 44Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Plex Pass

Kodi 18 is still basically pre alpha you won't get much support for it till there is at least a beta version out and even that's pushing it

• frafallfrafall Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Well, it kinda forces its way, Plex for Kodi fails with Plex servers on newer versions, ref another thread.

So, will they fix Plex for Kodi on old version 17, port it to Kodi 18, both or just drop support for the whole thing? Seems to me the package is not getting to much love and affection lately.

The bottom line is that I am not able to play on my Kodi/TV anymore, no matter what version I use, and have to move to another media platform if nothing works...

• reddwarfcrewreddwarfcrew Posts: 649Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

As with most Plex apps.... this project died a very short time after launch. Plex is all about the next new feature as opposed to getting existing features/apps fully working (or even 80% working).

PfK is in a good state, but could be soo much better. I had so much hope but then Plex directly employed the devs and then it was bye bye.

• pdxubarupdxubaru Posts: 186Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It has definitely been on the decline. On a Shield Android TV PfK used to directplay EVERYTHING, now everything transcodes.

• goose2600goose2600 Posts: 45Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am using Kodi 18 with PlexKodiConnect plugin and Kodi is directplaying everything.

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,328Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

There's an updated beta in the repo for v18.

Plex for Kodi shouldn't force transcode on anything. If you see it doing that, please post client logs and PMS logs and we can take a look.