If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plexamp: bugs & features

cyberinkcyberink Posts: 29Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

running osx.

• when playing from Plex server to my remote atv4, the viz does not function.
  • If you click on the name of the song in the current playlist you go to the related album and you cannot see which number of the album is playing.
  • as soon as i change the players identifier name to something else than suggested, the login fail, even after clearing the clients, in plex server.
  • switching between albums takes sometimes up to 7 seconds to switch.

Feature requests

• bigger GUI & text option, try it on a 5k IMac, when in size "Roo" the text is to small to read, especially when searching.
  • Sidebar widget
  • Equalizer
  • build new playlist from search result selections

Comments

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiPosts: 9,779Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@cyberink said:

• when playing from Plex server to my remote atv4, the viz does not function

This is expected, visualizers only work when playing music locally.

• If you click on the name of the song in the current playlist you go to the related album and you cannot see which number of the album is playing.

Filed!

• as soon as i change the players identifier name to something else than suggested, the login fail, even after clearing the clients, in plex server.

• switching between albums takes sometimes up to 7 seconds to switch.

Can you explain what you mean by "switching between albums"? What exactly are you doing?

Feature requests

• bigger GUI & text option, try it on a 5k IMac, when in size "Roo" the text is to small to read, especially when searching.
    • Sidebar widget
    • Equalizer
    • build new playlist from search result selections

Noted, thanks! Of all of those, the ones we're least likely to tackle are the EQ, and the sidebar widget (which would require native coding).

instagram @elan // the wife's photography site.
    the Medium page // the dog's twitter feed.

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 273Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

On windows 10, when I right click on the icon in the system tray to access the menu it only appears for a frack of a second and then disappears.

• SorensiimSorensiim Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@elan said:

Noted, thanks! Of all of those, the ones we're least likely to tackle are the EQ, and the sidebar widget (which would require native coding).

Any plans for an open API down the road? That would allow us to tinker and build plugins...

@Quasar said:
    On windows 10, when I right click on the icon in the system tray to access the menu it only appears for a frack of a second and then disappears.

Haven't seen that bug on either of my W10 computers?

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiPosts: 9,779Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@Sorensiim said:
    Any plans for an open API down the road?

We've talked about some sort of API for visualizers, that seems to be the thing we're most interested in :sweat_smile:

• klaidliadonklaidliadon Posts: 2Members

I am using Windows 10 x64 version 1709 build 16299.125.

My resultion is 3200x1800, with 150% scaling and the players looks tiny. Maybe it isn't scaling correctly.

• bmw528etabmw528eta Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

First off, what a great program! I will not lie, I still use Winamp (in classic mode, OF COURSE) all the time...still...for local content and some LAN streaming. That being said, for this beautiful project I 2nd the want for an EQ, I know real audiophiles will say it's not right, it's just what winamp had so I don't have to find some external program to modify system sounds.

I am ALSO going to ask for a volume control. For example, I am using a sennheiser bluetooth headset. It does NOT follow your system volume mixer, it follows the app in your volume mixer....so every time I need to adjust volume I need to open the Volume Mixer, scroll to the "mpd.exe" process, then turn it down.

"

A small price to pay for such a great app, seriously guys thanks a ton for this. Honestly this is how the desktop media player should be!

• Prog RockerProg Rocker Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Resolution switching would be nice rather than fixed by Audio Midi Setup. i.e. 44.1khz plays 44.1khz, 96khz plays 96khz. At present I need to set the source format to 96khz to ensure my hi rez files are not resampled to a lower bit rate. In general it is a great app.

• kadybeekadybee Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The best thing about PlexAmp is that it shows the Plex developers are passionate about the music side of media. I almost gave up on Plex as my Music streamer until this great little App arrived today! Loving it and looking forward to its growth.

In playing with Artist Radio - almost a 'Genius' / PlexMix replacement - I noted that it picked up songs from a Folder/Library other than the Plexamp Source selected (on the same server).

I'd really like to see an IOS/Android port;
    I agree with no need for an equaliser - the simple loudness/normalize is perfect;
    further development of PlexMix would be good - I haven't actually been able to get it to work for me from Windows; and
    create/add playlist support from PlexAmp would be great.

Thanks for this brilliant little Christmas present Elan and Team.

• nex0rnex0r Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plexamp is brilliant, just what I've been looking for. I use Plex for all my music streaming so this is ideal for me.

One bug I've noticed on Windows 10 is the side popup alert when the track changes always shows the album artwork played when the player is first started regardless of what track is playing.

Thanks for the early xmas present Plex team

• ohagohag Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Great app! Running and enjoying it on macOS High Sierra. One tiny feature request: Option for it to also show up in the application switcher (and therefore also in the dock I guess) which is activated via option + tab.

Something I noticed:

• When moving the player from the internal screen of my Macbook to an external screen, the visualization breaks (see screenshot below)
    • The app does not pick up the remote control from my Bluethooth headphones (Jabbra)
    • If the app is already playing before I connect my Bluetooth headphones, the sound is not played through them. Either it continues playing through the laptops speaker or cannot be heard at all.

• RJM22RJM22 Posts: 23Members ✭✭

This is a real cool app. Love the whole Winamp idea and feel. I am using Windows 10, and hoping that this lil beast of an app will be able to:-

• Become customizable in size, especially for 4K screens,
    • Have a more prominent menu button readily available,
    • That there will be a folder view/filename/artist/album option to be able to access music much like the browser based Plex features,
    • And if you could pretty please add a feature to add music that pops up from the 'radio' stations to a playlist that can be created in-app or a current playlist on the Plex server,
    • I also believe in both the Plexamp app and the Windows app/browser based app/iOS app that you should just be able to favourite (or 'star') any track that is played for later use in a Favourited section, and then be synced with any device,
    • Also have 'radio' stations integrated into the Plex Windows app too! That would be so handy..
    • Definitely be able to skin for new designs and looks to Plexamp, and be open sourced for any one to join in (much like Winamp),
    • And bring back the equalizer!! I miss it badly from good old winamp, along with the hundreds of different visualizations I was able use, and be able to customize in screen size/full screen!
    • Update notifications to either the desktop or via email :)

Love your work and looking forward to what Plexamp brings to 2018 baby! :smiley:

• chrisriddchrisridd Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@ohag said:
    Great app! Running and enjoying it on macOS High Sierra. One tiny feature request: Option for it to also show up in the application switcher (and therefore also in the dock I guess) which is activated via option + tab.

Something I noticed:

• When moving the player from the internal screen of my Macbook to an external screen, the visualization breaks (see screenshot below)
    • The app does not pick up the remote control from my Bluethooth headphones (Jabbra)
    • If the app is already playing before I connect my Bluetooth headphones, the sound is not played through them. Either it continues playing through the laptops speaker or cannot be heard at all.

Yep, the incorrect handling of audio outputs is a big problem. For me it is a show stopper.

The menu icon seems a bit indistinct. It needs to be blacker, or less fussy, or have a more distinctive outline. Or something :-)

• mattbgmattbg Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@bmw528eta said:
    I am ALSO going to ask for a volume control. For example, I am using a sennheiser bluetooth headset. It does NOT follow your system volume mixer, it follows the app in your volume mixer....so every time I need to adjust volume I need to open the Volume Mixer, scroll to the "mpd.exe" process, then turn it down.

Agree - there are other reasons to want an app volume control as it avoids needing to change the system volume to something that's right for the app every time you open a new app.

• editingfxeditingfx Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

How about accessing the Plex Pass "Moods" from the regular Plex player? I really enjoy using the Moods option for a semi-random shuffle of my library.

@editingfx said:
    How about accessing the Plex Pass "Moods" from the regular Plex player? I really enjoy using the Moods option for a semi-random shuffle of my library.

Yeah, it's something we've definitely thought about...

• ikotsosikotsos Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

There seems to be something off with my windows 10 version of the app:

• I get a lot of tracks that don't play, for example I would press play on an album and it would only play 2 out of the 10 tracks. --
    • The album art of the notification is always of the album's that played when I first open the app
    • The radios (artist & time travel) don't seem to do anything.

The first two don't happen when I'm using the MacOS version of the app. The third one still persist so I'm guessing there might be an issue with my library since I hastily imported from iTunes on a Windows machine (guess that could be the root of the issue :D). I also have not use the genre settings from Gracenote (cause that seriously messed up with my head :D) so could that also be the issue?

album art issue should be fixed next release.

any chance the tracks that don’t okay are WMA?

any chance you don’t have the Last.fm popular data disabled for the agent?

• ryanknapperryanknapper Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

When Plexamp is showing analbum cover that is white (or otherwise too light) the controls are difficult to see.

• ikotsosikotsos Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@elan said:
    album art issue should be fixed next release.

any chance the tracks that don’t okay are WMA?

any chance you don’t have the Last.fm popular data disabled for the agent?

No, all my tracks are .mp3

The Last.fm settings are in the server settings under agents for Artists and Albums right? If that is the case then it is enabled!

• jcpt928jcpt928 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Issues with PlexAMP and WMA library (I noticed this was briefly mentioned in a previous staff response.).

Dec 29, 2017 10:58:08.337 INFO - PLAYER: Preloading metadata for next track.
    Dec 29, 2017 10:58:08.339 INFO - HTTP: Issuing request to https://0.0.0.0:32400/library/streams/2095098/loudness?subsample=100
    Dec 29, 2017 10:58:08.381 INFO - IMAGE: Average brightness: 0.39299804687500045.
    Dec 29, 2017 10:58:08.418 INFO - HTTP: Issuing request to https://0.0.0.0:32400/photo/:/transcode?width=256&height=256&url=/library/metadata/135274/thumb/1483837007
    Dec 29, 2017 10:58:08.418 INFO - HTTP: Issuing request to https://0.0.0.0:32400/playQueues/1861
    Dec 29, 2017 10:58:08.418 INFO - POWER: Disabling power save mode.
    Dec 29, 2017 10:58:08.998 INFO - Error loading: https://0.0.0.0:32400/library/streams/2095098/loudness?subsample=100: Request failed with status code 404
    Dec 29, 2017 10:58:08.998 ERROR - Error loading loudness data for track Troye Sivan / Fools TypeError: Cannot read property 'data' of null
    at file:///C:/Users/USER/AppData/Local/Programs/plexamp/resources/app.asar/dist/bundle.js:1:255931

(non-critical log data obfuscated for privacy)

This occurs on all WMA files, with the visual behavior of skipping from track to track within a couple seconds - with no actual playback. This only occurs within PlexAMP.