Our forum migration to Discourse will be going on starting late today June 19 to 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plexamp: bugs & features

Comments

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiPosts: 6,981Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Will be fixed in next release!

instagram @elan // the wife's photography site.
    the Medium page // the dog's twitter feed.

• solitaryreignsolitaryreign Posts: 28Members ✭✭
    edited January 3

If you quit the app while playing it autoplays on next startup. Don't know if bug or intended, but it's annoying. Would like to see at least an option to disable that behaviour. Thanks!

If an album cover is not square (a bit wider, e.g. digipak scan) it is not centered but aligned to the left side.

PMS 1.10.1.4602 on QNAP TS-251+ 4.3.4 64bit
    Clients: Mac OSX 10.11.6 OpenPHT 1.8.0 // iOS 10.3.3 Plex 4.24.1 // RPi RasPlex

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiPosts: 6,981Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

The autoplay is a feature, but I can see how an advanced setting to disable that might be appropriate.

I've filed an issue for the other thing.

• PaDadof2PaDadof2 Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 9

This is a great app, Thank you!
    When I'm at work playing music and I hit pause, it is hit or miss if it will play again when I try to resume.

If you hover over the app or the app in the tray, the controls always shows paused.

The icon for the app is white on white and impossible to see if it's in the hidden icon's area of the system tray. See pic.

Thanks, the icon issue should be fixed in the next release :sweat_smile:

We'll look into the resuming issue.

• Kinglui4556Kinglui4556 Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Bug: Under macOS 10.12 plexamp prevents my mac going to screensaver/sleep.
    Featurerequest: optional Dockicon
    I'm using six spaces so it is a little annoying to cycle through them to get to the plexamp window, a simple click onto a dock icon would solve that issue. It would also help getting the plexamp window into foreground, at the moment I have to use the always on top option so the window wont get lost behind other windows. Furthermore it would enable to use alt+tab.

• clowgclowg Posts: 147Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

With the latest version the transport controls on the Windows 10 Task Bar 'hover over icon' have disappeared.

• gdobgdob Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

In the release notes thread it says:

Allow disabling notifications via config file.

Is that for Linux only? Is it possible to disable notifications and volume normalization (if applied) for Mac? If so, where should I put the .config file?

@gjorgji.d said:
    Is that for Linux only? Is it possible to disable notifications and volume normalization (if applied) for Mac? If so, where should I put the .config file?

All platforms. On macOS it's ~/Library/Application Support/Plexamp

• PaDadof2PaDadof2 Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Windows 7, work machine. If I pause stream, I have to close app and restart it to resume playback. Seems like the app freezes up. I can't of skip forward or back either. Also, I'm only seeing the pause indicator, regardless if is playing or not. If I use the plexamp icon in the system tray and hit stop, the app responds and looks like it will play the current track, The banner shows the track, but there is still no playback.

• TopDog69TopDog69 Posts: 219Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@elan said:

@gjorgji.d said:

On Windows, are we referring to config.json? Also - where can I find a list of things to configure?

• JR86JR86 Posts: 42Members ✭✭
    edited January 15

In Win> @TopDog69 said:

@elan said:

@gjorgji.d said:

On Windows, are we referring to config.json? Also - where can I find a list of things to configure?

In Windows:

C:\Users\YourUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Plexamp\Plexamp

In that folder there will be the config.json file

• TopDog69TopDog69 Posts: 219Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes - what things can I customize in it?

This entry is intriguing:

"features": []

And in this section I changed the size of the player to fill my second screen with the bold beautiful album art I've hand-curated into 5000 plus songs.

"ui": {
    "visualizerenabled": false,
    "visualizermode": "viz",
    "visualizerprogram": "Freaqy",
    "size": 740
    }

What other things can I play with?

If you check the release notes for 1.0.1 carefully, we link out to a few gists which show examples of things you can change.

edited January 17

@clowg said:
    With the latest version the transport controls on the Windows 10 Task Bar 'hover over icon' have disappeared.

Is this being looked into?
    Is anyone else seeing this symptom?

Is this being looked into?
    Is anyone else seeing this symptom?

After a restart of my Win 10 system the transport controls are back on the Task Bar icon.

I'm not sure whether to be reassured or scared :lol:

• r100gsr100gs Posts: 42Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Plex Pass

Hello, running Plexamp on linux I cannot get the lyrics to show up. I tried a lot of songs but nothing.
    The vis button worls and I get the visualisation shown up. The Lyr button is always grey. If I click nothing happens.
    So whats the problem?

Best regards,
    Stefan

• JakeStangerJakeStanger Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 18

Sometimes (rarely) the cross-fade kicks in too early. Just had one song kick in with a loud intro over the top of a loud outro of another. The outro was also cut almost 30 seconds early. Other than that, loving it so far!

• muikradmuikrad Posts: 30Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks for this amazing little tool!!!

I'm using it on Ubuntu 16, the visualization is too early VS the music I hear. It probably has to do with my audio buffer being too large (laptop connected on an USB3 docking station, audio/video fed from docking) and of course you can't fix that lol.

Nevertheless, I'd love a setting where I can adjust the video and audio latency just for the viz's purpose!