If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Xplay on LG 55b6v

I've just discovered Xplay because Plex won't play HDR movies. Xplay looks the answer, however...

Does Xplay switch the TV (LG 55b6v) to 2160p automatically. There seems no way I can tell what resolution Xplay is playing the movie at.

Comments

• deslessdesless Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Actually, if you have the LG OLED B6, you can use your remote, click the mouse scroll wheel, while playing a movie. Then your output HDMI will show a bar at the top of the tv. Click your output bar and it will list all modes.

I.E PCM, BT2020, 2160P/1080P,HDR,DolbyVision etc.

• gleesom@sky.comgleesom@sky.com Posts: 3Members

Hi, thanks but you can't do this for watching movies via Apps. What you described is only available if you're using a device plugged into an HDMI port.

• gleesom@sky.comgleesom@sky.com Posts: 3Members

Bump: Anyone know if Xplay can switch a TV (LG 55b6v) to 2160p automatically?

• phattrancephattrance Posts: 79Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I wonder the same question!