If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Direct connection, please help!

So once my plex server finally got accessable outside of my network I couldn't access it directly with my phone or Apple TV. It said something like this, because you are not directly connected to the plex server you will not experience the same quality.

What can I do to establish a direct connection from my Windows Plex server because it's not fun to watch in 240p?

Would be nice if someone had an answer :smile:

Regards Hugo

Answers

• pholt12pholt12 Posts: 1Members

Try: reboot router; after router is done rebooting either a) close and restart Plex apps on devices or b) reboot the devices. When the Plex app restarts on the devices, it seems you may sometimes need to re-select your home Plex server.

This resets your network so everyone can shake hands and read name tags again.