If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[Feature Request] Plexamp: Add currently playing to playlist

sekthreesekthree Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm digging Plexamp. I would LOVE though if I can add the currently playing item/song to a playlist. I have a very extensive music library and have been building several playlists of my favorite songs by genre/style. When jamming out to music and i come across something i like, i'd like to be able to add it to one of those playlists. When I'm doing something that requires my attention, that's when i put on one of these playlists.

Comments

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiPosts: 6,979Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Noted, that sort of "context menu" actions will be added at some point.

instagram @elan // the wife's photography site.
    the Medium page // the dog's twitter feed.

• Kevin_ThalmannKevin_Thalmann Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Good to see that this feature will come soon!

• dools28dools28 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This would be the final piece of the puzzle. It would complete me!

• Brian.WatsonBrian.Watson Posts: 39Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So one thing I've done is create one of the sort-of-smart Plex playlists with my tracks that I have rated say 4 stars or above. Then, when listening to Plexamp, when I song comes up that I really like, I just give it a 4 or 5 star rating, and it ends up being dynamically added to those "smart" ratings based playlist(s). It's not perfect, but does allow you to add it indirectly,

• pimpteepimptee Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Brian great workaround! But really need the playlist fuctionality. I even if it means the tiny plexamp window would get a little bigger :)

• pimpteepimptee Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@elan any update on this?