If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex and Opera VPN

Using the built in VPN on the Opera browser and i noticed that when i start the Plex app it turns off the VPN. Is there a way to stop plex from turning off the VPN. I stream a lot using the the unsupported apps and obviously would like the VPN on. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Seven_Seven_ Posts: 208Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

hmmm, i just tried that and is working with VPN on, i have opera 49.0.2725.47

PMS Version 1.10.1.4602 ~ on Win10 x64
    Plex Player 2.009 ~ Samsung TV UE39F5500

• dhobsdhobs Posts: 6Members ✭✭

I'm using opera version 49.0.2725.64 (PGO) whatever that is (PGO). windows 10. I just noticed this the other day,it's giving a warning, something about "switching VPN off to access" local something or other. Pretty sure it wasn't turning it off before. Right now Plex is saying there is an update available but i'm a little hesitant to install it until i get this figured out. Didn't see anything in the Plex settings that looked unusual. If all else fails may revert to earlier version of Plex. Thanks for reply and have a Happy Holiday!

• nickm11nickm11 Posts: 173Members ✭✭
  • dhobsdhobs Posts: 6Members ✭✭

Update. I just noticed my Opera VPN is now working again when i sign into PLEX. I recently did the "repair" option on the Windows 10 i am using as OS. Weird, don't have a clue what was wrong, maybe corrupted file? Anyway glad it is working again! :)