If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How to configure my Air i7 RII mini remote to fully work with RasPlex

TraxxizTraxxiz Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

I'm struggling already for a long time to get my Air I7 mouse (see picture) fully working with RasPlex.
Some keys work by default (navigation, ok, play/pause), but keys like Home button do not.
I'm trying to adapt keymaps files, but without success :-(
I wonder if someone already got this mouse working with RasPlex (which adapted keymap files, where to store these?).
Any help is welcome

BR Martie

Tagged:

Answers

• l-rsl-rs Posts: 178Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ah, same remote, same problem. I can navigate the menus but not select anything on account of the OK button and no way to get back to higher menu's. :|

• tonyselftonyself Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a similar problem. Not the same brand of remote, but it looks as though it has the same keys.

• videotecaCNSUvideotecaCNSU Posts: 362Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 23

Hi

You all need to configure the keys in the keyboard.xml
    follow the instructions of how to capture the keypresses in the LIRC configuration

Those controllers are usually just detected as an USB keyboard HID but you must learn which key is what and represent them in the keyboard.xml file.

Only if you get something like CLinuxInputDevice::KeyEvent: TranslateKey returned XBMCK_UNKNOWN from code(304) you wont be able to map that key

Sorry but its something you need to do yourself as each remote is different