If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[BUG] Plexignore tricked by russian characters

I've noticed a weird issue where I have a directory that I want to ignore, so I put in a .plexignore
But one movie still gets read in, and I've noticed that it has non-common characters in the folder name. So even though it's root directory is ignored, Plex still goes through the directory and somehow the russian character in the subdirectory name (in file name it doesn't produce the bug) causes the scanner to not match with the * in plexignore and read it anyway

Example character: л

To reproduce:
1. make A folder
2. make A/B subfolder
3. make A/B/.plexignore (add * or whatever in it
4. make A/B/лC folder with a video in it (notice russian character)
5. read folder A into a library
The video will appear in the library, even though all of B should be ignored

It's probably not just russian characters and may be some OS issue with the pattern matching used and ASCII/UTF problems