If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Set Music Player Default to Plex?

AgrajagAgrajag Posts: 82Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Other services (Spotify, Pandora, etc) are able to be set as the default music player on Alexa devices (via Settings). However, Plex is not one of the options. This feature allows users to not have to "ask Plex" or "tell Plex". They can just say, "Alexa, play Mrs. Robinson" and the device will automatically play it through the default device.

Can we get this sort of support for Plex? I assume there's some sort of API to allow for this, or is it a payola situation?

• locksworth@gmail.comlocksworth@gmail.com Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Bump bump.

• vanstinatorvanstinator Plex Voice Control Posts: 771Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

There's no API for this. Those are Amazon created skills. 3rd party skills aren't able to be set as the default currently.

Projects I currently develop or maintain

Classic Forum for Plex - A forum skin that aims to replicate the classic forum experience as best as possible without taking away some of the better things about the new forum.

PlexWink - A Plex Channel that monitors Plex and controls your smart lights based on playback.

UASViewer - A Plex Channel for the Unsupported App Store that lets you browse channels right from Plex.

• AgrajagAgrajag Posts: 82Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Seems to me that Plex needs to have a chat with Amazon.