If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Autoplay Turned Off But Sill Auto-Playing!

Emissary35Emissary35 Posts: 16Members ✭✭

I have the option set to not have post play auto play on yet in some of my TV Show libraries it plays the next video automatically instead of bringing me back to the menu once the current video is finished. Is there any fix for this? Clearly unchecking post play auto play does not work if a video finishes and the next in the list plays by itself without input from the user.

Answers

• arnoldburianarnoldburian Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just came here to post the same problem. The next movie in my playlist starts playing even though post auto play is turned off.

• Emissary35Emissary35 Posts: 16Members ✭✭

I've discovered some more info on this issue, Plex is only playing the next video in the list if the video just played is about 5 minutes or less. I have a library of videos set up like a TV show library for DVD special feature videos that I ripped and converted to video files. For some reason when the shorter videos finish Plex automatically plays then next one in the list, but for the longer videos it brings me back to the menu like it's supposed to with auto play turned off. After I played a 4 minute video Plex played the next episode in the list automatically with auto play turned off, after a 6 minute video it brought me back to the menu like it's supposed to with auto play turned off.

So somehow for some ridiculous reason between the 4 and 6 minute lengths of time Plex is deciding what to play next automatically and what not to, so it appears that anything under 5 or 6 minutes will activate the next video to play and anything longer than that it behaves as it is supposed to and goes back to the menu. Can someone that works for Plex please investigate this and come up with a fix as soon as possible? I've had to go back to using Plex classic to avoid the next episode playing for these shorter videos, this is particularly irritating if you set up a library for music videos because most are only 3 to 4 minutes in length so they'll always keep playing! The new app shouldn't have this glitch and it needs to be looked into immediately.