If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex from iPhone X (iOS 11) via AirPlay won't play on AppleTV3

SverkelSverkel Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Hello.

I just setup my old AppleTV 3 in the bedroom but for some reason I can't get it to play my movies and tv shows from Plex. I'm using my iPhone X with iOS 11 to stream from via AirPlay. When I choose the AppleTV 3 the screen goes dark 2 times and then it just stays on the app screen on the AppleTV 3. The iPhone app looks like it is still trying to play the movie via the AppleTV 3 but it never does. I have also tried from my girlfriends iPhone 7 and from our sons iPad, but nothing seems to work?

Answers

• shaytanabyadshaytanabyad Posts: 2Members

Same issue here, too. I have an iPhone 6s and my wife has the 7. Neither will stream to the appletv via airplay. Same thing above happens to us - screen blinks twice then spinny wheel.

• Willy & RachelWilly & Rachel Posts: 54Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

same here... this is going for at least three weeks for me

• ToonSchakelaarToonSchakelaar Posts: 1Members

Seems like a bug. Got the same problem as you guys, tried multiple iOS devices. Hope there is a fix soon for the AppleTV3 users. :smile:

• SverkelSverkel Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Thanks for your replys, I can see on my iPhone today that Plex has pushed an update for the iOS app that regards the AppleTV 3, so I hope the problem has been fixed.

• ldallaraldallara Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi I have the same problem from Ipad 3 on Apple TV 3 the monitor turns on and off twice and it does not work, has anyone fixed the problem?

• shaytanabyadshaytanabyad Posts: 2Members

It seems to be back up and running now. Thank you.

• MonopixelMonopixel Posts: 1Members

Still isn't working for me... but found a workaround: mirroring iPad to Apple TV3 before launching the video. Works, but with buffer pauses...