If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Desktop is offline or unreachable

dsxydsxy Posts: 3Members ✭✭

Hi all,

I have been using plex for a couple of years now, with the server on my main pc and using the ps4 app to connect to it.

It had been working fine, without issue, until about a month ago when it just outright won't connect.

No settings had been changed, no update had been done, it just stopped.

I've searched through the forums and it said to allow unsecure, logout, reinstall, rebuild, ensure updated... etc but none of this works.

Everything plays fine on the PC and the funny thing is, the plex server is visible and accessible as I can get to it via my netgear genie ap and the playstation 4 inbuilt media play which is an utter POS can see/access and play films/tv shows from it.

I am out of ideas, has anyone got any suggestions please?

Many thanks,