If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Not Showing on TV using Telstra TV (Roku Powered)

mmelly55mmelly55 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited December 2017 in Roku

I have recently upgraded my PC & laptop and I have installed Plex on both but when I go into my Telstra TV (Roku Powered) I cant see either of my Plex Servers. They used to be there on the old PC, but that has died, what am I doing wrong

Answers

• mmelly55mmelly55 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have reset my Telstra TV Roku Player still nothing showing, not sure what to do I need help please

• cohairecohaire Posts: 4Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plex isn't currently supported on the Telstra TV (1 or 2). I have installed the very old interface plex classic on my Telstra TV 2 and will use that.

Download 3.1.9 is the newest version I could find.
    https://github.com/plexinc/roku-client-public

Below is a guide online on how to activate dev mode and install it.
    https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Telstra-TV/HowTo-Plex-for-TelstraTV/td-p/519486

Cheers
    Chris

• cpconsci@bigpond.comcpconsci@bigpond.com Posts: 5Members ✭✭

I have just spoken to Telstra Support. They are saying their technical group is in discussions with PLEX to have the App added to Telstra TV. Can someone from PLEX confirm this and if so give some indication when the app will be available for Telstra TV? Since this is basically a Roku 4200, why is there a delay in getting it? Australians have been pleading with Telstra for years to get PLEX. Please help.

• epiclulz666epiclulz666 Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 26

@cpconsci@bigpond.com said:
    I have just spoken to Telstra Support. They are saying their technical group is in discussions with PLEX to have the App added to Telstra TV. Can someone from PLEX confirm this and if so give some indication when the app will be available for Telstra TV? Since this is basically a Roku 4200, why is there a delay in getting it? Australians have been pleading with Telstra for years to get PLEX. Please help.

you will never get plex on telstra TV 1 or 2, telstra are to greedy to ever let that happen, they want people using their bigpond movies service or foxtel that they half own, the only reason the box has netflix on it is becuase to many people would not buy it if it didnt, they can get away with not giving you plex because people will not care so much unlike netflix. its just another example of telstra bending over its customers like always.