If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Android App no longer casting to chromecast audio speaker

garethbuddengarethbudden Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi all,

Am hoping someone can help me. I have setup a Plex server (plex pass license) on my local network, which is also accessible over the WAN, and have setup managed users for the kids to use Plex. I can use the Android app to play music and videos from the server without issue, however I am unable to cast audio from the app to my LG Music Flow (CCA) speaker, annoyingly this did used to work - but can't remember when it stopped, it may have been when I added managed accounts.

I am able to see the speaker in the app, however when I tap it to connect we just get the connecting "spinner" and eventually it gives up saying "unable to connect to ". I also have the BBC radio app which is able to connect to the speaker and play audio without any issues - so I'm pretty sure that the problem is with the plex app or a setup issue on our server.

I have the most up-to-date version of the Android app & 1.11.0.4633 of the server

Can anyone suggest things to try,

Tagged:

Answers

• garethbuddengarethbudden Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

is anyone able to help?

• datadudewaynedatadudewayne Posts: 44Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Typically the only issue I have ever seen with chromecast is when a secure connection is required vs preferred to the server but I believe that had been resolved around 1.9 of server