If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Older catalog items appearing in "Recently Added" panels + Content from unassociated folders

HVKStudiosHVKStudios Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

PMS 1.10.1.4602 / nVidia Shield Pro / External Storage on SMB server.

I have multiple nVidia Shield servers each exhibiting this behavior.

Each nVidia pulls from the same location.

Each nVidia exhibits this behavior in different libraries.

Example:

Shield#1: Star Trek Voyager is now listed in the Recently Added panel for my TV library but was added years ago. No new content added to the folder and no changes to the folder list for the library. This is not happening on Shield #2.

Shield #2: the entire sub-folder "V" which holds the full length motion pictures that start with the letter "V" is appearing in the Recently Added panel with no new content or file modifications yet every single movie in the folder is now appearing as new content. This is not happening on Shield#1.

If it was happening on both Shield #1 and Shield#2 in the same place at the same time then I would question the file storage but it does not.

Sometimes it pulls content from folders that are not associated with that specific library. It just decides to add it in on it's own. Why are my concerts that start with the letter "D" showing up in my "Seasonal - Holiday Movies" library? It's certainly not listed as a source folder when I go to the 'Edit' function to check the folder listings but it sure as $h1t is sitting there in the library when I went to watch some Christmas movies with the family.

Sometimes it clears up after running a scan on the library, sometimes not. I have so far been unable to replicate the behavior.

Has anyone else had content just randomly appear as new even though it's been in your library for years?

Not amused.

Answers

• HVKStudiosHVKStudios Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Now I have TV shows showing up in Movie libraries when the TV folders are not associated with the Movies library.

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 16,407Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

What you describe is odd, but it's hard to say what could be causing it. Here are a few things you could check.

• scanner and server logs to see if there was a scan that read something wrong
    • comparing xml between the different servers
    • compare server settings to see if something is different

Would need more information on how your network and storage are set up.