If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Slows down with Netgear router set as AP?

keredd1010keredd1010 Posts: 14Members ✭✭
edited December 2017 in Netgear (ReadyNAS, etc.)

I have ATT U verse for an ISP and the modem/router they give you is abysmal as far as Wifi signals go. So I got a Netgear R7000 Nighthawk and it doubled and sometimes tripled my DL speed in the furthest location of the house. I have it set in AP mode and it is plugged into my U-verse router and I have disabled the wifi on the U verse router. At least I thought I did as the wifi light is now off on the Uverse tower. However, when trying to access Plex through my Roku I get stutters and buffering and some movies just straight up won't even play. This is perplexing because on the ATT router it actually plays better even though the DL speeds are like half. What gives?

Best Answer

Answers