If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Subtitles won't play

BambiSlayerBambiSlayer Posts: 21Members ✭✭

Hi All

I'm sure this has been asked, but I haven't found a solution as yet.

I have a dedicated Debian Stretch headless server running on a dissused laptop. The laptop is an i5 quad core @ 2600Mhz and has 8Gb ram. So it should be plenty to do what I require.

On to the problem:
If I add subtitles (srt) to any movie (mkv) it will not play at all on any DLNA client. It does however play on my laptop with subtitles when managing PMS. The subtitle files are in the same folder as the movie and have the same name as the movie.

If I remove the association of subtitles within PMS the movie plays on the DLNA client as expected but obviously without subtitles.

As the movies play on my laptop I am guessing this is probably a DLNA issue of some description. But I'm not sure what to look for.

I've attached the profile for one of the clients.

All clients are within my LAN.

Regards

Fred