If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Recent update has caused Live TV to break

abevenabeven Posts: 8Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This log file shows the transcoder repeatedly crashing. It does record tv just fine, but playing it back results in the exact same error.

Any ideas?

Answers

• n0va999n0va999 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same problem - i can play Live TV on IOS plex fine..but on Nvidia Shield TV, it just keep crashing when trying to load live TV..don't know what's is going on....

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 5,866Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

What version of Plex Server and Plex app do you have on your Shield TV, and what NVIDIA experience? I just tested live TV and didn't have any issues, but all of my channels are direct play. I forced a transcode on one of the channels and it didn't crash out.

Where are my log files?

How do I properly name my media files?

Plex Dance

NVIDIA SHIELD SMB/NAS Sharing How-To - / - NVIDIA SHIELD Support Documents

Plex Server: Running on ThinkServer TS140 w/Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

• abevenabeven Posts: 8Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plex player is 6.11.2.3107
    Plex server is 1.10.1.4602
    Experience is 6.2 (24.32.406.417)

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 5,866Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

In addition to the transcoding errors, I see some slow database queries. Do an optimization action to see if that can be cleared up.

Those are a lot of transcoder errors. It's also saying there's no hardware transcoding available, which is odd since the Shield TV most definitely handles hardware transcoding (but I do not know specifically about mpegts). Have you tried uninstalling all Plex Server updates, then doing another update to see if that fixes the issue?

Where are my log files?

Plex Dance

Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

I have just undertaken the above steps and saw no change in behaviour for the live TV.

This might be country specific. Are you in the UK?

Where are my log files?

Plex Dance

I am in Australia. It would not surprise me that it is country specific. It was working fine 2 updates ago.

• travmanmsoetravmanmsoe Posts: 2Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just bought a Nvidia Shield TV Pro and HDHomeRun to combine with Plex and using as a Plex Media Server for a 5.1 sound on Live TV.
    So far I have had minimal success and am not sure what I am doing wrong. Remote stopped working and cannot be paired anymore maybe related to firmware update of Shield.

Bigger issue is I got Plex media server installed and updated using a push, same for the Plex app itself and was able to set up tuners etc. but with certain channels i have a strange behavior like it is fast forwarded then paused repeatedly. Additionally I seem to be having issues where Plex stops responding now. I just did a full reset of the Shield to try setting up again but now neither the remote or controller will connect so not sure what next step is.

Ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Travis

For your Shield TV hardware problems you should contact NVIDIA support for help, and also go to the Shield TV forum: https://forums.geforce.com/default/board/159/shield-tv/

Where are my log files?

Plex Dance

Looks like I got a little threadjacked here. Any further updates on solutions here?

Now it pretty much won't play TV or record TV. Any assistance here?