If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Any way to change user interface language?

enchainedenchained Posts: 23Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I recommended plex to my friend for her parents to use, but they have windows 7 32bit and to reinstall it to 64bit is too much of a hassle. So I said to try Plex for Kodi. But even when Kodi interface language is set to Russian, Plex stays English. I think it's the first time I see a Plex without obvious methods to change language. Is it possible? Is language change supported for such addons? Where can I contribute with translations/support for translations if needed?

And off-topic: what are other options for 32bit windows? Only OpenPHT? Its skins are not very mouse-friendly and can confuse those using it on a laptop.

Best Answer

Answers

• enchainedenchained Posts: 23Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@keithah said:
    The addon has several languages translated, but russian isn't one of them. If someone did that and submitted it to us, it would use Russian when Kodi is set to Russian as well.

This is it, right? https://github.com/plexinc/plex-for-kodi/blob/master/resources/language/English/strings.po

I'll try to do a pull request for Russian (using other Plex clients in Russian as a reference), but what's confusing to me is that other translation pull requests there are sitting open from the last spring. Or are there other ways of submitting a translation?

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,328Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

No, they just got lost through the cracks and will be merged by the next release. Please submit a PR to support Russian.