If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex app on XBox One S "The Server XXXX is unavailable"

atb1978atb1978 Posts: 1Members

Hi we're just got an Xbox One S for Christmas and downloaded the Plex App, but it's not picking up our PMS on a Synology NAS.

The PMS is the latest version and is working fine for the web app, iphones and the Roku we were hoping to replace with the Xbox. I've had a look for any advice, but can't see that there's any obvious changes I need to make to get the Xbox to pick up the PMS.

Assistance appreciated!

Alex

Tagged:

Answers

• ebuffaebuffa Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've got the same problem on my Shield !

• mrc247_DEmrc247_DE Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

In the settings there is a point "fall back on insecure connection" or something like that. If you enable this for local servers, he also finds the Plex server again. Why he can not establish a secure connection to the server, no idea, I had the same problem.

Please excuse my bad English. I am not a native speaker. :)

Plex Media Server: QNAP TS-453A (Linux, 4GB RAM, Intel Celeron 1.6 GHz quad-core CPU), 4x 4TB WD Red (Raid 5), 1 Gbit Ethernet
    Plex Clients: Plex for LG, XPlay, Plex for iOS, Plex for Apple TV, Plex for Xbox One
    TV: LG OLED65C7D (WebOS 3.5, Firmware 04.70.30)