Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Apple TV app not working correctly? Slow loading

jeff furlongjeff furlong Members, Plex Pass Posts: 36 Plex Pass

Every since the release of IOS 11, many Apple TV Plex app users have experienced bugs with the Plex client, the most noticeable was the "cast" photos in the movie tile selection, thankfully Plex fixed this problem quickly, But more glitches over the last few months have become problematic to the UX of the ATV Plex app, I've been experiencing an issue with the Apple TV Plex client only when accessing movies (TV Shows works fine). When I attempt to access a movie is usually sits at "Loading" indefinitely the first time. If I let it sit there for a while, go back, and then attempt to access the same movie it will then pull up the movie metadata screen and let me play the movie. No delays or issues playing the movie once I get to that page. I do not experience this with any TV show libraries - only movies.

Another glitch with the Plex app, is the "RELOAD" button at the top right hand corner of the "discover" page, movies do not refresh (button is unresponsive)

Also Headline text (.i.e "recently released") appear BLACK???

Spec details are as follows:

Apple TV 4 - tvOS 11.2.1
Plex Apple TV client - 1.21
Plex Server - 1.10.1.4602 (running on a WD DL4100 NAS - 4 bay 16TB)
All media libraries are contained on the WD NAS
Both the Apple TV and the Plex server are running on wired gigabit network through the ISP router.

No other Plex clients on the network experience this issue (iOS, PS4, Plex Media Player, OpenPHT).

Both movie libraries are configured to use the Plex Movie Scanner and Plex Movie Agent
Cast List Source: the Movie Database
Ratings Source: Rotten Tomatoes
Plot Summary Source: the Movie Database
I've turned off the extras features

(I'm a Plex Pass subscriber)

I've already refreshed all metadata for both movie libraries with no change in performance. The server picks up all metadata just fine - the only issue I'm experiencing is with the Apple TV client.

I hope someone from Plex can help

Tagged:

Answers

• MmustizerMmustizer Members Posts: 2

I am having the exact same issues on a similar set up.

• Tripod50Tripod50 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass
    edited February 11

Same issue, it’s making plex so hard and annoying to use! Please fix it

• twobeaglesjtjtwobeaglesjtj Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Same issue since update

• helm71helm71 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 31 Plex Pass

Same issue...

• eneris3eneris3 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Same issue, it's pretty annoying that plex works better with my old Roku3.

• FatalmuzzaFatalmuzza Members, Plex Pass Posts: 45 Plex Pass

Yeap. Same here

• simoncoulsimoncoul Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass
    edited March 20

I notice on the Apple TV under settings>server I had two instances of my server, one locally detected that was connected and another remote that was trying to connect.

On the server settings I disabled and then enabled local network discovery (under network) and the remote instance was no longer showing up and video starts instantly again :)