If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Unable to save sync item (Expected X-Plex-Sync-Version: 2)

patrickf95patrickf95 Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello,

when I try to Sync content it shows the error "Unable to save sync item (Expected X-Plex-Sync-Version: 2)"

I searched the forum already for advice and found a hint to remove all synced content and reinstall the app but it didn't work. After reinstalling the app it still remembers my account. Is there another way to remove the app then rightclick "Remove"?

I think it has something to do whith the recent update i installed on the server. Before it worked fine.

Could somebody please give me further advice or should i try to rollback to the old server version?

Regards,
Patrick

Tagged:

Best Answer

• patrickf95patrickf95 Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Hi,

I just tried it again. This time i deleted the device via plex web, unistalled the app from the device, reboot, installed again and now it works.

Regards,
    Patrick

Answers

• patrickf95patrickf95 Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Hi,

I just tried it again. This time i deleted the device via plex web, unistalled the app from the device, reboot, installed again and now it works.

Regards,
    Patrick

• theguru0theguru0 Posts: 29Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Getting this same error. I uninstalled PLEX entirely, wiped out the sync location as well. Recynched some movies and went back to do a few more, and boom, same error.

• MaxipMaxip Posts: 120Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Another here - I have deleted sync content, deleted folders, uninstalled multiple times and STILL not syncing (Surface Pro 2017, Windows 10). I'm travelling with work next week and no guarantee of decent WiFi to stream media so NEED local sync working.

PMS: Windows 10; AMD A8-7600; 8GB RAM; 29TB media storage (Storage Spaces)
    Internal Clients: Surface Pro 2017, Roku LT, 2 x Chromecast, RasPlex

How do we get this resolved?

• noblebeastnoblebeast Posts: 14Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Also having this problem. Deleting the device or reinstalling is not a good solution because this causes the entire sync storage to get wiped, which can take a long time (and a lot of bandwidth) to rebuild...

• marcelhehlemarcelhehle Posts: 281Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sync is broken. UTTERLY broken.

• delwinbestdelwinbest Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Has anyone found a permanent fix to this bug??

• archbish99archbish99 Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

How do we get someone from Plex's dev team to look at an issue?

• cmeindlcmeindl Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Not sure if this applies to others but if you logon to plex server via the Web and delete the WIndows Device you can then setup syncing from the windows plex client if you at any time then go to the plex server via browser and click in the Sync tab if you click on the windows client name to look at whats syncd it will corrupt the process and the client will stop syncing, you can even edit the items to be synced as you get a server error, Issue does not occur with Android clients only the windows client,

Still broken.

• pdz410pdz410 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

still not working!