If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex not adding Album

Senor El BorregoSenor El Borrego Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited December 2017 in FreeBSD

Hello!

I added my two Zepparella albums, Live at 19 Broadway and A Pleasing Pounding.

Plex sees both of them, but will only get information for Live at 19 Broadway.

A Pleasing Pounding is listed at Last.fm as both A Pleasing Pounding ( https://www.last.fm/music/Zepparella/A+Pleasing+Pounding ) and Pleasing Pounding ( https://www.last.fm/music/Zepparella/Pleasing+Pounding ) so it should scan either way.

When I try to force it by editing the Info, and adding Zepparella as the Artist or Album Artist, Plex just tells me to pound sand, and rejects the edit.

Let me know what logs to look for and I'll post them up for evaluation.

When searching for similar issues, there doesn't seem to be a posted solution to this issue so hopefully this can be fixed.

Thanks!

System - FreeNAS 9.10 / PMS 3.27.1 / 1.10.1.4602

Best Answer

• Senor El BorregoSenor El Borrego Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

So I had deleted it from the server, and I re-added it.

I had the music section rescan, and it picked it up as Various Artist. I edited the info and set the Artist as Zepparella.

BAMM!

No fuss, no muss. Plex moved it into Zepparella. I drag and dropped the album cover, and it looks like everything is fine.

So at this point, I guess the question is answered, but the problem has not be solved for when this happens to other people.

Answers

• johnm_ColaSCjohnm_ColaSC Posts: 1,892Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

Have not played much with the music area but have you tried going into the A Pleasing Pounding album and using the Fix Match option. Have had to use this for TV and Movies and see it is under an album as well.

Primary Plex Media Server
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i5-3570K, 32GB RAM
    Post Processing with MCEBuddy 2.4.7 & Comskip 0.81.093
    Test Servers: MacBook Pro, Nvidia Shield TV (16GB), Windows Laptop, Ubuntu VM
    HDHR Connect (2), HDHR Dual, HDHR Extend, HDHR Prime
    Clients - Windows, iOS, Roku, Samsung TV, Fire TV, Nvidia Shield

edited December 2017

Sadly the Fix Match... option for music is terrible compared to the movie and tv section way to fix matches.

I did that several times, and it can't find a match. While I've been away from Plex for two years, you could just shove the imdb ID for a movie on the PMS and PMS would match it.

Back in the day, I never even bothered with setting up music on Plex because of the way it had to use Last.fm to scrape music that was being played. Since I would routinely redo my Plex db it would have been too much of a hassle. I wish there was a more accurate album db to use! Having to go through and fix ~70% of all the albums is getting annoying!

Accepted Answer

So I had deleted it from the server, and I re-added it.

I had the music section rescan, and it picked it up as Various Artist. I edited the info and set the Artist as Zepparella.

BAMM!

No fuss, no muss. Plex moved it into Zepparella. I drag and dropped the album cover, and it looks like everything is fine.

So at this point, I guess the question is answered, but the problem has not be solved for when this happens to other people.