If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

"Cannot Connect to Server" When Playing MP3 Files only

bridjeebridjee Posts: 39Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Posting again to see if there are any options to try here. This is super frustrating and I cannot believe that Plex cannot perform this task or find an answer to this.

When playing music files, whether in playlist or in directory or by artist/album etc I get "cannot connect o server errors" I start playing again and it starts with no troubles. Until it fails again... I have tried rebooting the whole system with no luck.

I have a samsung 7500 series (2015) running from a qnap Ts-451+ with 8MB of ram. The network is GB and I can play UHD TV and Movies from the Qnap through plex with no issues ever. However Plex struggles to play more then 10 songs consecutively. The samsung standard player can play MP3 all day with no issues.

I have seen multiple similar postings with no answers. Is there something here that is missing? A simple setting? I have changed swtiches/ Qnap network config etc. with no luck. Happy to check everything again.

Answers

• bridjeebridjee Posts: 39Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi All,
    Is anybody able to help with the above? Are there any setting to extend time out?

It only seems to happen when changing to the next song in the list and doesn't matter if shuuffle is on or off, a playlist or album.

Appreciate any suggestions.

All the best
    Tony

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,483Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

I wonder if this is maybe a Qnap specific issue. I haven't come across this but I'm running a Synology NAS.
    Have you tried the Qnap forum to see if others have this issue?

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

• bridjeebridjee Posts: 39Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi Orca, not yet, I'll start a thread over there as well.

Thanks again.
    Tony