If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Alexa Skill Availability - Geographical Restrictions?

Pieter_VOPieter_VO Posts: 44Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm located in Belgium and a few days ago, I purchased an Echo Dot from amazon.de (since they made it available to a lot more countries, including Belgium, this month).

My Echo Dot is linked to amazon.co.uk, so if I want to enable a skill, I get always redirected to the UK Alexa Skill Store. Now when I'm trying to enable the Plex Skill, I get this message:

Is there any reason on why it isn't available in Belgium? My Echo Dot language is set to English-US.
I'm an Amazon (Alexa) developer myself, so I know there is a "Publishing Information" - section where you can select in which countries the skill should be available in. The only requirement is that the primary language for that country should be supported, and, since Alexa doesn't speak dutch, that primary language for Belgium is English-UK.

So is there any other reason that it isn't available in Belgium?
I'm a huge fan of Plex and use it already for a very long time.

Answers

• BKSteveBKSteve Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 18

I concur.

Dear Plex,
    WHY WHY WHY did you enable geographical restirictions?
    I bought my Echo from US, I have a US amazon account, oh what's that you live in Asia so you can't load Plex skill.
    Please look after your loyal Plex Pass people and remove this restriction from your skill.
    Or have the cord-cutters become the geo-isolationists?

PlexServer on Syno DS 412+, Plex clients on AppleTV4, Cubox-i4pro (OpenELEC, Plex for Kodi), iOS, windows

• YorditjeYorditje Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The skill availabel for me in Belgium (US amazon account ) UK echo dot , but NOT working ! could only set default server and default player.. for al the rest i get answer "oh ohw something went wrong, i have alerted the plex team" .....

• mrvladmrvlad Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem I’m facing in Australia with a local Echo Dot. I’ve got Plex Pass but can’t get Alexa to do something because the skill has some bizzare geographical restriction

• SiscoPlexSiscoPlex Posts: 1,084Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plex did not enable this restriction.... Amazon did....
    Plex is hard at work on the Alexa skill and is looking to bring it to other geographical locations.
    Stay tuned.... There will be an announcement when it is available.
    It is in high demand in just about every country, please be patient.

• YorditjeYorditje Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

For me plex is working now..
    the problem was Nat related (pub ip not accessible from the inside) even if the dot and plex is one the same internal Lan dot uses the publick IP for the plex Skill..