If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Displaying (sub) folders of shared photo library?

I'm new to sharing Plex content so I hope you'll bear with me. I'm running the latest plex server ( 1.10.1.4602 ) and I am able to access the shared content as the guest however it will not categorize photos in their sub folder. I have created separate folders for vacation, hobbies, etc as well as sub folders under that for each trip, etc. winch I would like to retain for ease of navigation. This displays correctly when I view the media server photo content under my login but not under the shared guests view. Under my filtering options I have it set to All | Photors | By Name | and it shows the 17 sub folders under the photos shared library. Under my guests view I do not have this option and rather it just shows 14k+ photos sans sub folders. Messing w/ filtering options I cannot figure it out either. Is there any way to have Plex show the sub folders contents are categories in for the guest?

Thanks much

Dave

Answers

• Dave and AudreyDave and Audrey Posts: 5Members ✭✭
    edited January 1

It seems I cannot edit my post but to elaborate a bit further. I would like to possibly have the shared user just see the shared folder root folders then be able to drill down just like I can as the admin when viewing and as any pc user would be familiar with in explorer. It does seem to display properly if i have the user login to the server directly but not the web app.

• IppisIppis Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yep, this is a big problem. Please bring back the "by folder" filter.
    Using Plex cloud version 1.9.1.260.

• Dave and AudreyDave and Audrey Posts: 5Members ✭✭

Well i guess that sucks then. As a work around I am just redirecting my family to my plex server directly via a host redirect. Not a good solution but it works.

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 29,546Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

I understand this is an issue with server version 1.10
    As soon as server version 1.11 becomes available publicly (curently in beta) this issue will be fixed.

Got help? Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging