If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Folders and Libraries on My Cloud Home

bkpittmanbkpittman Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited January 2 in Western Digital

I recently bought a My Cloud Home, but it seems to restrict the creation of libraries in Plex. It has five default libraries and folders for them (Home Videos, Movies, Music, Photos, TV Shows). However, it does not let me create any additional libraries even if I create folders on the My Cloud Home inside the Plex folder. Does anyone know if WD is planning to create a solution for this? Or can anyone recommend a good WD NAS that allows the creation of Plex libraries?

Answers

• bhanajczyk@gmail.combhanajczyk@gmail.com Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This been reported 100 times to both Plex and WD but no fix so far. Hey PLEX & WD this is 2018 now, fix this anoying bug!

• ikevinaxikevinax Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same problem. I want to put Law & Order in its own library separate from Star Trek and separate from sitcoms. I like to watch TV shows on shuffle, but I don't want The Golden Girls popping up in the middle of my Star Trek marathon.

This was super easy to achieve when I had Plex running on my HTPC. Will I have to keep running Plex on the HTPC even though I bought this WD My Cloud Home specifically because it runs Plex natively?

• bhanajczyk@gmail.combhanajczyk@gmail.com Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I switched to Plex Cloud, WD Plex is wasting time