If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

i7 3770 Quick Sync Video or NVidia GTS 450 Hardware-Accelerated Streaming

SupermangSupermang Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello,
I have a computer with these specs
CPU: i7 3770
RAM: 24GB
GPU: NVidia GTS 450

I know that the CPU is solid and that the GPU is not great (for gaming) but I have no clue if I should use Hardware-Accelerated Streaming or if the GPU is too weak and I should remove it and simply use the CPU.

Usage:
This PMS is mostly used for a single Samsung TV, although I would like to offer streaming of my media to a few family and friends.

So the question is, should I remove the GPU or will it be beneficial to use Hardware-Accelerated Streaming. Given the CPU I have.

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,483Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

• SupermangSupermang Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 2

Thanks, I did, this is what brought on the question. I am specifically asking because of my perception of my hardware.

• SupermangSupermang Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I suppose the answer is that there is no way to know the answer (chart, test, etc) so I will wing it.