If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

QNAP NAS with Plex and Open PHT - image artifacts

Netron.atNetron.at Posts: 14Members ✭✭

Hi guys,

I am at my wit's end. I have a QNAP TS-453A since more than a year. I have my Plex Server running on it (newest release) and the firmware 4.3.3 0351. I have installed Open PHT 1.8.0.

Around a month ago, I made the terrible decision and deinstalled Kodi (which I installed when I set up the NAS). Since this time, i have image artifacts when I see movies via the NAS and Open PHT.

I really tried everything, which means:

• install the new kodi qpkg (the old when is not available any more)
  • try to install all possible Open PHT versions
  • set up my whole NAS (which means setting back to factory defaults AND initialize the NAS)

No chance to get this artifacts away.

My assumption is:

That my NAS is not using a certain codec to show the movie (all MKVs!) without having troubles OR the NAS/Server is not using the graphic Unit of the NAS.

However I am not an expert on Open PHT and as far as I saw in the options menu, there are a bunch of possible options for video in Open PHT.

Maybe you have an Idea... Right now, I hate to turn on my NAS. It was so nice to store my movies on the NAS and watch them via Plex on the same device without having an additional player.

If you need more information, please give me a short note. I will do my best to provide you with more information.

I appriciate your help and thank you in advance!

Stefan from Tyrol/Austria

Answers

• moody_bluemoody_blue Posts: 3,034Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

The artifacts appear with OpenPHT only ? The same film with another plex client (let's say PlexWeb) plays Ok ?

QNAP TS-253A 4G QTS 4.3.4.0435 + PMS 1.11.0.4666 (beta) + QPython2 2.7.12.0 + PlexConnect 0.5-dev-161017

TV Sony KDL-32V2500 (720p) + aTV3 Rev. A firmware 7.2.2 + Denon AVR-1604 A/V Receiver 5.1 + Harmony Touch

Portables 1x iPad4, 2x Android phone, 1x Android tablet, 2x PMP on Win10

No support via PM unless requested by me

• Netron.atNetron.at Posts: 14Members ✭✭

Yes for instance when i play it on my PC, everything works fine. I tried Kodi 17.6 with the Kodi Connect from https://troypoint.com/install-plex-kodi/ but i am not able to download anything from the repo.

• MwC_TrexxMwC_Trexx Posts: 176Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 3

Then it is likely an issue with the ATV client, or combination client/server (saw issue with PMS/IOS client when IOS 11.x was released).

Submit logs to Plex to help troubleshoot the cause.

• moody_bluemoody_blue Posts: 3,034Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited January 3

Moved from QNAP to OpenPHT forum

QNAP TS-253A 4G QTS 4.3.4.0435 + PMS 1.11.0.4666 (beta) + QPython2 2.7.12.0 + PlexConnect 0.5-dev-161017

TV Sony KDL-32V2500 (720p) + aTV3 Rev. A firmware 7.2.2 + Denon AVR-1604 A/V Receiver 5.1 + Harmony Touch

Portables 1x iPad4, 2x Android phone, 1x Android tablet, 2x PMP on Win10

No support via PM unless requested by me

• Netron.atNetron.at Posts: 14Members ✭✭

Hi Guys,

here are the log files. I really appriciate any help!

Thank you,

Stefan