Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

iOS App - Sorting by name not working for photo libraries

MkeylerMkeyler Members, Plex Pass Posts: 14 Plex Pass
edited January 5 in iOS

Did anyone also notice that the sorting by name is not working correctly in the iOS apps for iPhone and iPad?
When you click "sort" and then "name" the folders should either sort ascending or descending (shown in the app by the little upward or downward arrow) but there is no actual change in the sorting...

Best Answers

• randhawkrandhawk Posts: 15 Plex Employee
    Accepted Answer

This will be fixed in the next 1.12.1 server release due out in a couple weeks. Thanks for posting!

• MkeylerMkeyler Posts: 14 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Thank you very much. I can confirm this bug is gone. Also in iOS. Great job!!!

Answers

• tom80Htom80H Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,272 Plex Pass

works for me when I'm in a library view. when changing the view to Folders, I cannot sort at all (always listed alphabetically from A to Z).

just verified on my iPad.

• MkeylerMkeyler Members, Plex Pass Posts: 14 Plex Pass

Thank you for your input. I was talking about the "folders view" (in German it is called "Gitteransicht" in Plex). There the sorting is not working if you press the "sort" botton (sort ascending or descending).

"Gitteransicht" isn't folders, folders is "Ordneransicht". ;)
    as stated above... sorting in "Gitteransicht" works perfectly fine on my iPad (I've just been sorting it back and forth several times -- also with some of the other sort options; version 4.23).
    Which version of the iOS Plex client do you have installed?

Thank you for clearing this up.
    So my "Gitteransicht" (whatever this is in the english version of the PLEX app) is definitely only sorting the containing folders from A to Z and not from Z to A. Also when you change from ascending or descending in the "sort" menu. I attached 2 pictures.
    This problem exists on the iOS app for iPhone and iPad.
    Plex version on iPhone X is: 4.23 (newest from 2 days ago) and this bug has been there forever.

and

that's an essential information... I only checked this for movies, tv shows and music but not for photos.
    sorry -- currently got no photos in Plex so I cannot double-check.

I think a lot of people do not use the "photo" library, and this is why this was problem never spotted. Maybe I (we) am lucky and someone from the devs will acknowledge the problem and fix it :-)
    And yes, I am only talking about the "PHOTO" section....

maybe you can edit the title of your post by dropping the "correctly" and adding "for photos" ;)

Good idea. Done!

edited February 28

The sorting by "name" is also not working in the web frontend of Plex. So I think this problem is bigger then iOS.
    I am only talking about PICTURE libraries!!!

• Jones1024Jones1024 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 57 Plex Pass

Next server-update (1.12.0.4829). Still no fix.

I know. Let's hope some developer will see this. I am sure the fix would be quite easy (sorting ascending and descending).

• randhawkrandhawk Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 15 Plex Employee
    Accepted Answer

This will be fixed in the next 1.12.1 server release due out in a couple weeks. Thanks for posting!

Thank you randhawk for answering.
    I am really looking forward to this fix. And I believe this will solve the iOS issue with sorting the photo albums as well.

My I ask you or another developer to look at this "problem" as well: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/302461/ios-apps-black-background-possbile-in-picture-mode

Accepted Answer

Thank you very much. I can confirm this bug is gone. Also in iOS. Great job!!!