If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

TV turns on when performing scheduled tasks

yepececeyepecece Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know if it is normal for plex to turn the tv on why doing the scheduled task (at 2am). The shield is connected via HDMI CEC (to an LG tv) so it is normal it turns on. If it is normal, is there a way to setup the HDMI CEC so that it turns the tv on only when using the remote control and not when the Shield wakes or randomly restarts (which sometimes happens)? Or maybe should I setup the shield to never go to sleep and therefore avoid waking up?

Thanks for your feedback

Answers

• JamminRJamminR Posts: 2,974Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@yepecece - It sounds as though your TV is set to come on when it detects a change in the HDMI, or perhaps, Shield is set to turn on compatible device (TV) when it wakes to do processes.
    I'm sorry I don't have any of the devices to tell you how to check either, but know in my own setup that my surround receiver will wake from 'off' and automatically tune to the input the last HDMI signal came from if I enable that feature. I presume your TV has the same.

Server - HW: Intel Core I5-4670K, 16GB DDR3 SW: Win10 Pro + PMS v1.11.0.4666
    Misc. HW: HDHR Extend + 4TB RAID1 (Intel) + 4 x 4TB RAID5 (QNAP w/HGST drives)
    Shares - From: 1  - To: 20(6) - Potential lifetime PlexPass data generating product customer!
    ISP: ~25mbps up/1TB monthly "cap" - (Monthly avg. xfer ~450gb)
    Search the Plex WIKI before asking silly questions.
    Plex stuff I favor - PlexPy - UASv2 - PlexEmail - SS Plex - FMoviesPlus - G2G.FM
  • yepececeyepecece Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thank you for your input. My tv is an LG and has very basic settings (via simplelink).

I am still trying find a solution as to what would be the best setup while keeping HDMI CEC and avoiding random TV turn on situation.

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 16,407Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

There is nothing in Plex but the Shield itself has a setting to turn on the TV when it turns on.