If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Alexa and fire stick

dlwdlw Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have just started using Alexa with a fire stick and used a couple of time with my Roku 3.

I am having an issue when I ask for anything to be played, when I do ask and the player is running but not logged in whatever I have asked for will still play and Alexa will say "there has been an issue and the Plex team will be notified"

I don't mind it playing without my logging in but it means my kids who have their own users will be able to play 18 rated movies or programs if even by accident where when they login it is restricted on their accounts.

Media Server:

HP ProLiant MicroServer G7 N54L

4x 2Tb HDD
1x 64Gb SSD

Clients:

1 x Samsung 40D8000 TV

1 x Samsung 32F6800 TV
1 x PS3
1 x Blackberry Playbook
1 x Samsung GS3
1 x Sony Xperia Z Tablet
1 x Macbook Pro