If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How to get Alexa to tell Plex Player to play music

I've got my Echo Dot working with Plex, and I can ask it to start playback of video, and the video starts playing on my PC (or my Roku, YAY). But when I ask to start playing music, the audio always emanates from the Echo Dot itself. How can I get music to play through the currently selected Plex player app?

Here's a bit of a clue, but I don't know how to 'fix' such an issue. It seems as if Alexa's Plex skill being linked to my Plex server causes the Dot to assume I want to stream music from the server, rather than play music through the currently selected Plex player.

Answers